Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steelers in the playoffs: I'm not only drinking the Kool-Aid, I'm selling it

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Steelers in the playoffs: I'm not only drinking the Kool-Aid, I'm selling it

Three of four final games at home. Playing MIA today on 10 days rest. A win and they have the tie-break over MIA Only one tough opponent, CIN. BAL has three games remaining against playoff teams, two of those on the road with CIN probably alive for a 2 or 3 seed going into the final game. By the time PIT gets to the GB game, GB could very well be mathematically eliminated. PIT holds the tiebreak over all remaining 5-win teams, except TEN who has DEN on the road this week and hosts a good AZ team in the hunt for a playoff spot next week.

Consider this. If the PIT wins out and BAL loses even ONE GAME, Steelers would hold the tie-break over Baltimore (common games if BAL beats CIN, division record if BAL loses to CIN) for the inter-division tie-break. Steelers would then hold the tie-break over NYJ (head to head), MIA (head to head) and SD (conference record). Then they would just need Tennessee to drop one and they are in!!!!!!!!

Here's the link from nfl.com for playoff tie-breakers
    [URL]http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures[/URL]

Right now PIT is 2-2 in the division and BAL is 3-2. If PIT wins out, they go to 4-2. The best BAL can do is 4-2. Then PIT and BAL would be tied head-to-head and have the same division record, bringing on the next tie-break (common games).

Here are the common games between PIT and BAL outside of head-to-head and division:

Team PIT BAL
    NE L TBD
    NYJ W W
    MIA TBD W
    BUF W L
    CHI L L
    DET W TBD
    MIN L TBD
    GB TBD L

If the Steelers win out, they would be 5-3. If BAL drops one to NE, DET or MIN they would be 4-4.
    I marked the BAL loss to BUF in bold red. That was a key loss, right there.

Who's buying? Because I'm selling!!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelAbility View Post
    Three of four final games at home. Playing MIA today on 10 days rest. A win and they have the tie-break over MIA Only one tough opponent, CIN. BAL has three games remaining against playoff teams, two of those on the road with CIN probably alive for a 2 or 3 seed going into the final game. By the time PIT gets to the GB game, GB could very well be mathematically eliminated. PIT holds the tiebreak over all remaining 5-win teams, except TEN who has DEN on the road this week and hosts a good AZ team in the hunt for a playoff spot next week.

Consider this. If the PIT wins out and BAL loses even ONE GAME, Steelers would hold the tie-break over Baltimore (common games if BAL beats CIN, division record if BAL loses to CIN) for the inter-division tie-break. Steelers would then hold the tie-break over NYJ (head to head), MIA (head to head) and SD (conference record). Then they would just need Tennessee to drop one and they are in!!!!!!!!

Here's the link from nfl.com for playoff tie-breakers
    [URL]http://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures[/URL]

Right now PIT is 2-2 in the division and BAL is 3-2. If PIT wins out, they go to 4-2. The best BAL can do is 4-2. Then PIT and BAL would be tied head-to-head and have the same division record, bringing on the next tie-break (common games).

Here are the common games between PIT and BAL outside of head-to-head and division:

Team PIT BAL
    NE L TBD
    NYJ W W
    MIA TBD W
    BUF W L
    CHI L L
    DET W TBD
    MIN L TBD
    GB TBD L

If the Steelers win out, they would be 5-3. If BAL drops one to NE, DET or MIN they would be 4-4.
    I marked the BAL loss to BUF in bold red. That was a key loss, right there.

Who's buying? Because I'm selling!!!!
    With a healthy O line I would be buying. No way to get healthy between now and the playoffs though. Even if we make it, it's going to be short lived. Not trying to be negative, just trying to keep it real.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So you are somewhat hedging! Understood. One thing I have learned about the Steeler organization. They have ways of plugging holes. As long its not with "Mr. Non-Existent," Mike Adams, I believe there is hope.

Legend

User Info Menu

Oh I will be rooting the black and gold on regardless... lol

and Mr. Non Existent is starting at Left Tackle today

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ernie View Post
    Oh I will be rooting the black and gold on regardless... lol

and Mr. Non Existent is starting at Left Tackle today
    Right after I posted "Mr. Non-Existent" I realized "The Hologram" was lot more elegant and appropriate. It's like playing 10 on 11. Worse, because as a QB you believe he's there when he's really not, but the defender knows he's not.

Legend

User Info Menu

Right after I posted "Mr. Non-Existent" I realized "The Hologram" was lot more elegant and appropriate. It's like playing 10 on 11. Worse, because as a QB you believe he's there when he's really not, but the defender knows he's not.
    That would fit him nicely... at least the game he started v Minnesota

Legend

User Info Menu

So remind me again why the Steelers and many board members thought this slug was worth a draft pick?.... based on performance so far, he should have been undrafted. There were warning signs all over during his time in college and someone in the Steelers org chose to ignore. Another pick they will be paying for for years.

Legend

User Info Menu

Adams had to be jet lagged in the UK game. Dude is bad.. he looked drugged up andwas sleep walking in that game. I wonder if he ate a cookie in Amsterdam or something.

Legend

User Info Menu

So far this a lot less than inspired play. A QB who's never played in snow is moving the ball at will for the most part. Offense is slugglish. A 6-6 team is almost too much to handle.

I doubt they win out and they would be embarrassed by the good teams in the NFL.
    Last edited by Ghost; 12-08-2013 at 04:26 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

you just went broke...
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION