Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We Reached According to the Cowboys

Legend

User Info Menu

We Reached According to the Cowboys

The entire Cowboy's 2013 draft board was re-constructed here:
    [url]http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2013/5/30/4378574/dallas-cowboys-2013-draft-board-leaked-almost-complete-7-round-board[/url]

They left most of our guys completely off their draft board. The only ones on their board were Bell (3rd), Wheaton (3rd), and Landry (6th). So according to their board we only got fair value in 1 pick. We overdrafted on 2 others. And the rest they wouldn't have even wanted.

I thought this was one of the more interesting football articles so far this offseason, but am especially surprised reading it thru my black and gold lenses. I thought we had a great draft. Apparently the Cowboys would have given us an F according to their board.

Backup

User Info Menu

No doubt Jarvis and shark werent on their board. They are right we did reach with those 2 for sure. Prolly that ****ty okla receiver too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Coolie Man View Post
    No doubt Jarvis and shark werent on their board. They are right we did reach with those 2 for sure. Prolly that ****ty okla receiver too.
    Cowboys are running the 4/3 again. Players who are projected 3/4 Lbers are DEs on their board.
    JJ is too small to be a DE and is not a 4/3 type LB. He is a horrible fot for their defense, but in no way indicative of a "reach" by us.

To call Shark a reach is just plain ridiculous. Perhaps the best athlete at his position? Productive in college? Really?

Try this......recall the pre-draft projections of Lake if you remember. Nobody had him in the second (too small lber). The Ourlads of the world had no clue. But the Steelers knew.

Fastest safety, held his own locking down an all american type receiver, beast against the run.

Dude was taken in the stinkin 4th, it aint like he was top 10 in the first.

Best athete at his position in THE FOURTH round. Not like he is an unproductive combine only type either.
    That is a value and a steal.

The Ok receiver....yeah not real excited about that one

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

after the Cowgirls traded up for CB Morris Claiborne in last year's draft, here are the rest of the choices they made:

3- Tyrone Crawford, DE, Boise State (6-4, 275); 4 - Kyle Wilber, OLB, Wake Forest (6-4, 249); 4 - Matt Johnson, S, Eastern Washington (6-1, 211); 5 - Danny Coale, WR, Virginia Tech (6-0, 201); 6 - James Hanna, TE (6-4, 252); 7 - Caleb McSurdy, ILB, Montana (6-1, 245)

who cares what Jerry Jones thinks?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The thread header increases my confidence in our draft.

Legend

User Info Menu

I thought it was really interesting to see another teams board with almost none of our draftees. I was also surprised they left off some of the high risk/reward players. I always view Dallas as a team for taking chances where the player has a high ceiling.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    after the Cowgirls traded up for CB Morris Claiborne in last year's draft, here are the rest of the choices they made:

3- Tyrone Crawford, DE, Boise State (6-4, 275); 4 - Kyle Wilber, OLB, Wake Forest (6-4, 249); 4 - Matt Johnson, S, Eastern Washington (6-1, 211); 5 - Danny Coale, WR, Virginia Tech (6-0, 201); 6 - James Hanna, TE (6-4, 252); 7 - Caleb McSurdy, ILB, Montana (6-1, 245)

who cares what Jerry Jones thinks?
    They're just jealous they aren't the Pittsburgh Steelers.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    The thread header increases my confidence in our draft.
    Ain't that the truth

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Over the last 5 years the Cowboys have finished 3rd in their division 4 out of 5 times. 3 of those years they did not have a winning record. I would hope the draft boards look incredibly different than this team that's been a non-factor in the NFL for years now.

Legend

User Info Menu

Would your reaction be different if this was the Browns' board? The Bills board? The Raiders? Well, Jerry Jones has had more hype, but not much more success than those teams over the past few years.

Aside from that though, most teams should have differences in their boards. Look at the WR position. The Cowboys enter camp with Dez Bryant and Miles Austin as their starters. The Steelers enter with Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders as theirs. Who would you think would have a receiver rated higher on their board?

We drafted Jarvis Jones in the first. He has no incumbent in front of him. If the Cowboys were still running the 3-4, he would have Demarcus Ware ahead of him. They would not have the luxury with their other needs.