Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How about Worilds?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

How about Worilds?

Don't know if he can play the run, but looking like he can at least rush the passer some. 3 sacks on the year in 5 games coming off injury.

Legend

User Info Menu

Worilds has never been as bad as his detractors make him out to be. His only fault is that he isn't a white LB from Penn State.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

SITUATIONAL PASSRUSHER, not a starter in the NFL.
    Black,white or green changes nothing

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Worilds has never been as bad as his detractors make him out to be. His only fault is that he isn't a white LB from Penn State.
    That is a straw man argument.

I generally like Worilds, but his fault is not that he isn't a white LB from PSU - his issue is that he cannot stay healthy.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    That is a straw man argument.

I generally like Worilds, but his fault is not that he isn't a white LB from PSU - his issue is that he cannot stay healthy.
    Plus he has a Defensive Player of the Year in front of him on one side and a Pro Bowl player on the other side. But then again it's not like Woodley and Harrison have been pillars of health either.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Plus he has a Defensive Player of the Year in front of him on one side and a Pro Bowl player on the other side. But then again it's not like Woodley and Harrison have been pillars of health either.
    Not next year. James Harrison saves the team $5.1 Million if cut before 1 June and $6.5 after. At 34, having injury issues, plus the Steelers being close to $30 million over the cap next year, he is as good as gone.

Next year?

Worilds, Te'o, Timmons, and Woodley
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Not next year. James Harrison saves the team $5.1 Million if cut before 1 June and $6.5 after. At 34, having injury issues, plus the Steelers being close to $30 million over the cap next year, he is as good as gone.

Next year?

People don't realize that Worilds has had only one true offseason in 3 years. He was hurt one offseason, lockout one, let's see how he develops this season and over the next offseason. If he can stay healthy he has the physical tools to succeed. The question is whether you move Woodley over to Harrison's spot or Worilds.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post

Next year?

It won't be that way since Woodley will be playing DE in our new 4-3 once LeBeau is pushed out the door. Te'o would be a great add.

Who knows, maybe Woodley is DE on one side of the 4-3 and Worilds on the other side!!!!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Don't know if he can play the run, but looking like he can at least rush the passer some. 3 sacks on the year in 5 games coming off injury.
    I don't have a problem with Worilds. He is ok. But, his total of 3 sacks in 3 games is very misleading. 2 of Worilds sacks (in earlier games) came when he was schemed open on blitzes. He was unblocked on both. I don't think I could give him much credit for those (there were very easy plays). Last night he pressured the QB a couple of times (got a sack when he cleaned up after Keisel missed the QB), but generally he was just as ineffective at pass rushing as anyone else. We got no pressure 95 % of the time when we rushed with 4 men. That is pathetic. Changes need to be made. McClendon must play more for Hampton on first and second and for Hood on 3rd down. As long as Woodley is out, Adrian Robinson should be activated and given a shot on 3rd downs. He certainly couldn't do worse. Heyward should play more. We need younger hungry pass rushers who are capable of getting past offensive linemen with quickness and athleticism.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

It's interesting that a white LB from Penn State was probably the man most responsible for the loss last night (Tim Shaw's blocked punt changed the whole complexion of that game).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.