Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 Steelers will have first losing season since 2003

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

2012 Steelers will have first losing season since 2003

Maybe it is just my general morass about this season, but I am starting to get a strong feeling that this is going to be the first losing season for the Steelers and Ben Roethlisberger.

I am predicting 7-9, what say you?

As an aside, I believe this will mostly be the case because Roethlisberger will miss 1 to 3 games with an injury.
    Last edited by BigRob; 08-27-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I say that as long as Ben Rothlisberger is healthy, it will be next to impossible for this team to have a losing record. The talent on both sides of the ball is just too good.

Crazy, pessimistic thinking in my opinion.

Legend

User Info Menu

19-0 baby. It's the only record that makes sense to me.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Flasteel View Post
    I say that as long as Ben Rothlisberger is healthy, it will be next to impossible for this team to have a losing record. The talent on both sides of the ball is just too good.

It is pessimistic thinking, but not crazy. This is the same team that went 9-7 in 2009 after winning the Superbowl. I also stated that I don't think Ben can stay healthy. If he is healthy I think 9-7 or 10-6 is possible.

Rookie

User Info Menu

As long as Ben Roethlisberger is healthy, we'll be a .500 + team.

Legend

User Info Menu

I say the last time we had a first round OL pick go down with an injury, we won the effing Super Bowl.........suck it.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

it's a coping mechanism:

if you always expect the worst, you have a higher chance of being pleasantly surprised more often.

if you always expect the best, you have a higher chance of being disappointed frequently.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Agreed, with a healthy Ben I just don't see a losing season. Anything is possible but I see no indicators to support BigRob's opinion.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    it's a coping mechanism:

if you always expect the worst, you have a higher chance of being pleasantly surprised more often.

if you always expect the best, you have a higher chance of being disappointed frequently.
    Hawaiian the therapist...I like it. Hey I keep having this reoccuring dream about running naked through Old Navy. What do you think about that?
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

This might be the most insightful post i've ever seen online. excellent, excellent post indeed!!
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!