Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: William Gay cut by the Cards

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

William Gay cut by the Cards

Would you cut Taylor and sign William to a minimum deal? This would save cap space, but our starters would be Allen and Lewis(Assuming he re-signs) with Gay being our nickel corner (his strength).
    Here comes the BOOM!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    Would you cut Taylor and sign William to a minimum deal? This would save cap space, but our starters would be Allen and Lewis(Assuming he re-signs) with Gay being our nickel corner (his strength).
    Not a bad idea if you have to. Plus Big Play Gay will get you some turnovers. He might also get completely burnt from time to time.

But I wouldn't do it if there's room to keep Ike along with the other players we want. Because Ike is still one of the best in terms of size, athleticism, and tackling and he fits Lebeau's system perfectly.

If needed, I'd cut Keisel first, Hampton second, and Ike 3rd. But I'm not sure we'll have to. Unless we're planning to target some FA that no one knows about.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

No, but I would cut Taylor and draft Darius Slay to give the Steelers a promising young talented trio at CB. There's nothing about William Gay that makes me want him back with the Steelers. The best thing about him is the fact we may get a comp pick for him.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Legend

User Info Menu

Absoluetely NOT!!!! It was a good move to let him go. No need to bring back a now even older, less than mediocre player. He may have had a decent play here or there but mostly he was the worst player on the field at a given time including the opposing team.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Zona cut Willie Gay

Arizona cut Willie Gay. Wonder if he would be interested in returning for cheap.
    @_Hellgrammite

Rookie

User Info Menu

He'll go play for Ray Horton in Cleveland...

Legend

User Info Menu

Another great personnel decison by Whisenhunt. Guy can't judge talent to save his life. No suprise he is out the door
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I would love to have Gay back on the roster. I think he got a really bad rap from some of the fans. Aside from 2009 he has been a solid DB and even in 2009 he played no worse than Ike. In fact if we sign Lewis and Gay we could easily drop Ike.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

OMFG this board is getting ridiculous.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Not a bad idea if you have to. Plus Big Play Gay will get you some turnovers. He might also get completely burnt from time to time.

But I wouldn't do it if there's room to keep Ike along with the other players we want. Because Ike is still one of the best in terms of size, athleticism, and tackling and he fits Lebeau's system perfectly.

If needed, I'd cut Keisel first, Hampton second, and Ike 3rd. But I'm not sure we'll have to. Unless we're planning to target some FA that no one knows about.
    Isn't Hampton a FA? You don't have to cut a FA, you just don't re-sign them.