Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Relive Trib Live Memories Here!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    I was on the Pittsburgh Sports Tavern and the Planet simultaneously for awhile but I eventually just ended up coming here all of the time. I joined that one where Big Nasty was a mod a long time ago but I didn't care for all of the in-jokes and people with multiple accounts and alter egos and such.

I think I remember you as Helmet Head, fezz.

Ghost, was ranrod the one that ran it at the Trib and then kept doing it at the Tavern and here for awhile? I'm trying to remember who did that. LVG maybe? I think I'm going to start it up here again next year. I miss the Pick 'ems (if you couldn't tell by my posting weekly picks without the contest lol).

And I agree DJ. This is the best Steelers forum on the...Planet.
    I

I think kipper runs tavern... used to be some toro dude too
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

I ran the pick-em contest for a couple years on the Trib board. It got to be too much for me, though...I think we had 60-some participants one year...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Anyone regularly post at Stillernation.com or the Pittsburgh Sports Tavern? Lot of guys from the Trib went to those boards, and I assume some boards I do not know about. I used to do a college pick-em run by ranrod7 on the Tavern for a couple of years. Stillernation had good discussion but wore me out.
    I chime in over at Stillernation.com occasionally. It is a NSFW site with alot of adult humor and hijinx. Hogefan, HHH, 43, Doc who started the board, and occasionally chemsteel post over there as well as a hand full of other Trib guys. I normally check here for the news and over there for the entertainment. Its a very heated atmosphere at times with alot of personal attacks, and basically a wild west metality. Fun to burn 15-30 minutes a week there.

I was SD Steel on the trib, and then SD Steel here, but then I couldn't long on so I just changed it to something unique.

Starter

User Info Menu

Speaking of Steeler Boards it became apparent to me that you just cant come into an established board and become one of the members just because you want to talk Steeler football.

Boards like Steeler Fury, Steeler Addicts, etc were like that. Steeler Universe are Steeler Fever refugees when the board owner sold out.

Steeler Depot is a blog I think but the guy seems to be a peker head about his material.

I think this site has even more link and article news juice than the original Trib and is an excellent one stop shop for Steeler news shared by the members.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

As I've said before, " I believe this site, the mods and the posters are about the best around. "

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

let me put it this way. if a half dozen posters from this board said 'we'll be at the game let's hook up and tailgate' I'd be there without hesitation. If that happened at the trib board - I'd not only avoid the thing but carry my 9mm in case I stumbled across it and needed to defend myself.

the planet rocks.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jj28west View Post
    Steeler Depot is a blog I think but the guy seems to be a peker head about his material.
    When he displayed his "peker-headedness" (I think you want a "c" in there actually), I left for good. I was only a recent, minor player there, but that move was kindergarten. Guy obviously has a bigger ego than MSM ever did.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Starlifter View Post
    let me put it this way. if a half dozen posters from this board said 'we'll be at the game let's hook up and tailgate' I'd be there without hesitation. If that happened at the trib board - I'd not only avoid the thing but carry my 9mm in case I stumbled across it and needed to defend myself.

the planet rocks.

Ha, you said it ! I would probably put a false name tag on until I learned who everyone was. Some might have to fear me because there were a few that I would have liked to have roughed up. Such as........... little al, blood fart, rancid meat and one that still post here that, I can't think of his name right now. He's pretty much a peckerhead too and a liar. One time he said he's a law student and another time he said he's a teacher. I'll eventually see him post here and mention his name possibly but, out of the blue he popped off at me and it was crude. To me the dude has some closet gay stuff going on in his personal life.

Legend

User Info Menu

Eniparadoxgma - I'd definitley be in if you did a weekly college pick-em here. I liked the Tavern one - about 10 guys or so. I remember the trib one being a bit out of hand as Hairdressser said. Can't imagine running it there. Randod was a cool guy.

I popped on Stillernation the other night b/c of this thread. Definitely not somewhere I'd go from my work computer. We argue here (and that's good), but a whole different vibe there. And one poster had a sig line that was insanely racist. I saw some names of guys I wished posted here. Maybe we're too tame here - @#$% those guys for thinking that...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Maybe we're too tame here - @#$% those guys for thinking that...
    Negatory!! I am here because it is mostly civil. Those other sites have too much "I wish I was still the frat boy that I pretend I was in my mind" ness to them. No thanks.
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]