Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fordfixer is coming to town

Rookie

User Info Menu

Fordfixer is coming to town

Hey everyone!! Dad (FordFixer) and myself are coming to Pittsburgh this weekend (7-10) and the game Vs. San Diego. If anyone wants to meet up, Send one of use a message!!!
    http://www.marinecorpsmoms.com/new_i...s-memorial.jpg

"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country." -Nathan Hale-

Legend

User Info Menu

Where are you guys sitting? My father and I are up in section 525, row FF, seats 25-26 (it's way up there, but since you guys live in the Mountain time zone, you are probably used to that degree of elevation). Unfortunately, I won't be getting into Pittsburgh in time for any pre-game tailgating (for 1:00 games, I have to leave before sunrise just to make it to Pittsburgh before kickoff), but I would absolutely like to meet up with you guys if possible. Let me know.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Where are you guys sitting? My father and I are up in section 525, row FF, seats 25-26 (it's way up there, but since you guys live in the Mountain time zone, you are probably used to that degree of elevation). Unfortunately, I won't be getting into Pittsburgh in time for any pre-game tailgating (for 1:00 games, I have to leave before sunrise just to make it to Pittsburgh before kickoff), but I would absolutely like to meet up with you guys if possible. Let me know.
    We are in Sec 534 Row C seats 18&19 see you there

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Legend

User Info Menu

Have fun you two!
    Steel City Mafia
    So Cal Boss (Ret)
    [URL]http://www.anewsong.com[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ruthless- I wanted to ask you this a few months ago. I have a feeling I will be getting the opportunity on season tix next year down in the endzone in those new seats. I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford those or not. You have any interest in swapping locations? I don't mind sitting at the top...let me know. I'm not sure if we'd be able to do that or not, but I could ask.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Djfan View Post
    Have fun you two!
    We'll try........

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Mike Tomlin

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    We'll try........
    You will. I have been taking one of my daughters to a game the last few years. Always a good time. My oldest and I will also be there this weekend, sec 522, row GG.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Ruthless- I wanted to ask you this a few months ago. I have a feeling I will be getting the opportunity on season tix next year down in the endzone in those new seats. I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford those or not. You have any interest in swapping locations? I don't mind sitting at the top...let me know. I'm not sure if we'd be able to do that or not, but I could ask.
    Certainly sounds interesting to me, but I would have to run it all by my father first, because our tickets are in his name (I was still in high school when we put our names on the waiting list). Do you know what the difference in price would be yet? I believe our tickets cost $71 per game this season. Would you have to buy a PSL for that new section? (we didn't have to buy a PSL for our zone when we got our tix back in 2001). Will there be actual individual seats installed down there, or will they be rows of bleachers with backs on them like we have in the upper deck end zone? Let me know as you find out more details. Even if the ticket office doesn't allow us to officially switch seats in their records, we could always just meet up at the first game of each year, and swap all of our tickets for the whole season, with us paying you the difference in cost (or something like that).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    We are in Sec 534 Row C seats 18&19 see you there
    50 yard line, 3rd row in the upper deck? Awesome! I'm up in the end zone bleachers, 6 rows from being the very furthest away possible. How about I come sit with you, and we can send your kid up to sit with my Dad? Is this your first time at Heinz, by the way?

Seriously, though...do you want to try to meet up, let's say at noon, at SN1's SteelerNation sign behind the goalposts in the open end of the stadium? We usually try to arrive in the city by 11:00 a.m. (if I leave by house between 5:00-5:30 a.m., head over my Dad's place and leave there between 5:30-6:00 a.m.), so we are typically in the stadium by noon for 1:00 starts (unless there are traffic issues). They open the doors 2 hours before gametime. If we aren't able to do this before the game, I could mozy over to your seats during halftime just to see the different perspective than what I'm used to (at least for the halftime show, anyway). I'll PM you my cell number in case we need to reach each other on Sunday.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wooooohoooooooo in Pittsburgh..Off to the H.O.F. in Canton tomorrow, then the game life is good

Molon labe

Mike Tomlin