Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: If you had told me that an ex-Steeler would tweet something stupid re: current events

Starter

User Info Menu

Wallace should go back to thinking of all the ways heez gona blow his cash on hoes and partying and all the rest instead of worrying about CONFUSED gays..
    Black N' Gold Til' I'm Dead N' Cold...
    [url=http://img203.imageshack.us/i/32023126285034060670100.jpg/]http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4...4060670100.jpg[/url]
    [url=http://img19.imageshack.us/i/steelertowngal.jpg/]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/107...lertowngal.jpg[/url]
    We don't have any cheerleaders but we do have a few of these \m/...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LordVile View Post
    Wallace should go back to thinking of all the ways heez gona blow his cash on hoes and partying and all the rest instead of worrying about CONFUSED gays..
    Are you suggesting that WR's can only think of one thing at a time?

Positionist!
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    Of course, just because you find Wallace's opinion to be stupid, doesn't necessarily make it so. It is stupid in your opinion..

And if a poster makes a point that is considered foolish on this board, it's fine to call them out...so long as the "caller outerer" realises that just because they disagree with the foolish poster, it doesn't make their own opinion any more right.. after all, everyone is entitled to their own opinion regardless of how foolish or brilliant everyone else finds it.

Chadman agrees with your second point. That said, he could be wrong...
    It would seem that Wallace found his own tweet to be stupid....since he quickly deleted it and apologized afterward...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Glad these aren't tweets.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Do religious folks call out their religious friends that get divorces with as much gusto as they do gay people? If so, they must be a busy bunch.
    @_Hellgrammite

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Do religious folks call out their religious friends that get divorces with as much gusto as they do gay people? If so, they must be a busy bunch.
    They don't.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It is our highly tragic trait that we objectify other humans in our thoughts, words and behaviors, and in so doing we justify our what we say and do to others and blame them for our own behaviors which bring harm to them.

Our sense of "hierarchy" of sins reflects our confusion and our limitations. How is it that homosexuality receives so much attention as if an egregious sin, over and above others? An NBA player comes out as gay, there is a reaction of condemnation, yet many non-gay NBA players adulterize, and/or produce multiple children by multiple women in several cities and it is accepted as just a part of their norm? We each are sinful beings, so what makes any of us broken human beings more "righteous" and qualified to objectify others for their "sins" and pass judgement upon them.

"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another." ( [URL="http://www.jesuscentral.com/ji/life-of-jesus-ancient/biography-of-jesus-christ/who-is-Jesus-by-john/gospel-of-john-13_31-38.php"]John 13:34-35[/URL])

for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
    Romans 3:23

Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Matthew 7

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The anti gay venom is simply bigotry veiled in religion. Cherry picking a supposed sin to stand against when sin surrounds us all in most forms on a daily basis.
    @_Hellgrammite

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by eniparadoxgma View Post
    Well...this thread is/was interesting.

I think Mike Wallace is an idiot. I don't think it's because he stated a non-PC opinion publicly while being a big time athlete in the public eye. I think it's because he doesn't understand the basic concept that not all people are the same. Some people are straight. Some people are gay. What straight men feel for women is what and how gay men feel for other men (or thereabouts).

It's a basic lesson in empathy. People are different.

To continue with this idea, I'm still amazed and people who profess their religion as "right" or "the one religion" for any reason, much less "because I felt it and know it's true". I'm fine with that type of assertion as long as those people allow for other people feeling the same type of feeling with other religions or even non-religious viewpoints. For example, just because a Christian "sees the light and feels Jesus in his heart" it doesn't mean that a Muslim doesn't "see the light and feel Mohammed" or a Buddhist becoming one with the Buddha nature or even an atheist feeling the bottomless void left by the absence of objective morality is any less valid.

Point being, what's good/right for you isn't necessarily what's good/right for anyone else, and I think that taking that to heart should be a requirement for anyone attempting enlightened discourse on these types of subjects.

But hey, maybe that's just me.
    The Country you live in was founded on Christian principle and Christian men of God. Our Society and Nation have slowly taken God out of this Country, out of the Schools, out of the Gov't. It has been replaced with individualism like you mention above. Promotion of me, its ok to be gay (its in), if it feels good it must be ok, live for the moment mentality.
    It all started when God breathed and spoke this world into existence. He gave us His Holy Word...(to keep us accountable and as a guide in life)we have taken that Word and altered it. It is why the Mormons have their own Bible and the Muslims have the Koran which is similar to the Bible. It is a prime example of us as a Society taking something we don't want to be held accountable to and altering it to what fits us.

It is not about religion...the Pharisees in the Bible had religion...Satan himself use to be an angel and in charge of all the music in Heaven. It is about a relationship you have with The Father and His son Jesus Christ.
    Check this out concerning our forefathers....[url]http://mangrums.net/content/words-our-christian-forefathers[/url]

Don't hate the sinner, hate the sin.

You want some common sense facts if you want to leave the Bible out like most people....A stick fits into a hole...2 sticks don't fit anywhere. Well actually it can but that would be gross and leads to my second point...
    the one disease that is associated with people having a homosexual lifestyle. Aids The worst disease imaginable. That is how much God abhors this sin.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Blacks can absolutely try and hide their skin color. Never heard of blacks bleaching their skin? Dye their hair blonde and straighten it. It is the same thing. People should NOT have to hide who they are. Dude is gay. Who cares?