Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Shocking Stats from the Steelers This Year

YARDS AFTER CATCH
    #1:Heath Miller: 4.9 (average)
    Antonio Brown: 4.8
    Emmanuel Sanders: 4.4
    Mike Wallace: 4.3

Steve McClendon had 2 sacks (Very Limited Role) vs. Ziggy Hood's 3 sacks (Starter)
    - As I recall 2 of Ziggy's 3 sacks were coverage related and McClendon's were purely beating his guy.
    I know McClendon isn't the greatest against the RUN, but can he really be worse than Ziggy Hood???
    JAMES FARRIOR vs. LARRY FOOTE
    Tackles
    Farrior: 107 (average last 6 yrs)
    Foote: 113

Sacks
    Farrior: 4.16 (average last 6 yrs)
    Foote: 4.00

-Is there really a huge drop off in production??

LEFTWICH had our 2nd longest RUSH of the season
    -no comments needed
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Compared to the Farrior of the last few years...no, I don't think there was a drop off to Foote on the field. In leadership probably, and compared to Farrior in his prime yes, but overall it was certainly not a step back at ILB this year.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Compared to the Farrior of the last few years...no, I don't think there was a drop off to Foote on the field. In leadership probably, and compared to Farrior in his prime yes, but overall it was certainly not a step back at ILB this year.
    I think FOOTE is a pretty decent leader though.

How about HEATH leading the team in YAC?????
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SidSmythe View Post
    I think FOOTE is a pretty decent leader though.

How about HEATH leading the team in YAC?????
    Yeah I had been keeping an eye on the YAC of Heath throughout the season. It just seems like every pass he catches he is on the move. Do you think it may be a reflection of the types of routes he runs and the coverage he sees? Crossing routes and throws in the middle that are easier for Ben to put right on target so he can catch it in stride and also being covered by linebackers who may not be able to keep up with him as well as DBs can keep up with WRs.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

My shocking stats.

26th rushing offense, 3.7 average yard per carry. Less than 100 yards per game rushing.

Redskins average 5.2 yards a carry.

That is major horse turds. And this is from a team that values the rush more than any other team in the NFL and the best they can do is 26th in the league with a 3.7 avg. per carry.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    My shocking stats.

26th rushing offense, 3.7 average yard per carry. Less than 100 yards per game rushing.

Redskins average 5.2 yards a carry.

That is major horse turds. And this is from a team that values the rush more than any other team in the NFL and the best they can do is 26th in the league with a 3.7 avg. per carry.

So what you're saying is that Jonathan Dwyer didn't make the Pro Bowl?

Legend

User Info Menu

Farrior was intimidating. He murdered guys when he hit them. But the production is pretty equivalent.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

So what you're saying is that Jonathan Dwyer didn't make the Pro Bowl?
    I said he was the best back on the roster if he got the carries. He was. He had the most yards, the highest yards per carry and tied with most TDs. He was the best back on the team; I was right. You were wrong. So deal with it. Face your failure. Face it. Embrace it. I was right. You were wrong.

I never said he'd make it to the probowl; Barry Sanders would miss the probowl running behind that O line.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

What was I wrong about?

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

What was I wrong about?
    Did you not say there was no way JD would be our best back?