Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: WOW - Woodley ripped by unnamed Steeler

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    Right

im not happy about woods under performing season marred by injuries but where the slack given to some some of the other players on the defense.

If Woodley had Timmons production In their first 5 years. He probably doesn't even get re signed
    The difference between Timmons and Woodley, is that Timmons hustled before and after getting paid whether or not he is making plays or not. Fat boy on the other hand took the money and said f?! ( the team.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

really,

he hustled so much his first 2 years here that a # 15 overall pick couldnt beat out larry freakin foote?

once again, 8/9 sacks in 8 games after he signed that contract. if thats the case, i hope he says F?!( the team for a full 16 games season.

did timmons say "F?! this team, i'm making 1st round money" in his frist 3 years here? did he even make as many splash plays in those 3 years here as woodley did in half a season when you think he said" F*** this team, i got my money"

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chadman View Post
    And this post, right here, shows how people read what they want to read in order to justify their opinion. Show us the defense of Woodley. Who has defended him? Made him a victim? The issue some of us have is the showing of disrespect to teammates, and the lack of professionalism shown by going to the media and sniping. If this is a sign of how the Steelers behave, then no wonder they went 8-8. Pitiful.

Sorry Chadman, have to disagree. Respect is earned, not granted. It is pretty clear that Woodley hasn't earned the respect of at least one teammate if the source is true.
    Maybe going to the media wasn't the most thoughtful approach, but there was some clear venting and frustration in the words spoken. And, as was pointed out, different people are motivated differently. Would you question the HC speaking out in a PC that Woodley needs to change his ways?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    Sorry Chadman, have to disagree. Respect is earned, not granted. It is pretty clear that Woodley hasn't earned the respect of at least one teammate if the source is true.
    Maybe going to the media wasn't the most thoughtful approach, but there was some clear venting and frustration in the words spoken. And, as was pointed out, different people are motivated differently. Would you question the HC speaking out in a PC that Woodley needs to change his ways?
    If Tomlin calls a player out in a PC, it's much different from a teammate doing it and then hiding in anonymity. It seems that the problem many have with the "source" is the sniping behind the backs of his teammates, not necessarily the opinion expressed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Undoubtedly, it's bad for team morale when you have players ripping teammates in the media while remaining anonymous.

What's worse for team morale is when you have a high-paid player who half-ar$$es it, yet continues to start and play ahead of harder-working teammates.

If LaMarr had been benched when he should have, we likely wouldn't be having this conversation.
    Last edited by BradshawsHairdresser; 02-19-2013 at 12:26 AM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Comments on LaMarr Woodley and Now Ryan Clark’s Comments Should have All Been Kept Behind Closed Doors

By Kyle Curry on February 18, 2013

Ryan Clark is turning the comments about LaMarr Woodley into a much bigger deal than they previously were. This is now becoming a big issue in the media and will be stuck in the media, likely, into training camp. Yesterday the following un-sourced comments came, allegedly, from one of Woodley’s teammates on the Steelers roster:

“He was awful,” the teammate said. ”He tells us he works out, but we didn’t see it. He wasn’t in shape. That has to be a reason why he was always hurt.”

With no one linked to these comments many have speculated that they may be fabricated. If they were fabricated they are making a much bigger impact than the creators probably thought they would. However, no matter where the comments came from Ryan Clark has taken them very seriously. Clark joined NFL AM on the NFL Network this morning and said the following:

“We all have arguments with our brothers, sisters, cousins, but that stays in-house. What you talk about then stays there and it doesn’t get out to the public. So that is the problem,” Clark said. “That shows that this team that is normally close, you had the Joey Porters, the Alan Fanecas, just down the line, leader after leader, this team was close-knit. It shows there is a fracture in that. I think that is the most disappointing thing about that coming out.”

Clark then joined the “Dave Dameshek Football Program” (Full Interview Here) with the following comments:

“I would say it had to be defense, that’s what I would think,” Clark told Dameshek. “I think it’s someone that plays defense. I would say they felt personally let down by it, ‘I wish he was out there with us’ type of situation.”

“It wasn’t me,” Clark joked. “If it was me, the concussions have made me forget about it.”

Then Clark returned to NFL Network this evening on NFL Total Access and continued to discuss the topic:

“I think the toughest thing, dealing with our situation, is losing,” said Clark. “When you start to lose then these things become problems. Obviously if we go 12-4, and we are in the playoffs, Woodley’s play is not pointed out as a reason to why we weren’t winning games, and then we don’t have an “anonymous” player come out and say something, which to me is cowardly.

“It makes me sad to be a leader of that team, that we don’t have enough control of our locker-room, where guys feel like they have a brotherhood and a family, where they can communicate things between each other and keep them out of the media.”

Now Woodley and the player that made these comments have both been called out by fellow teammates within two days of each other. The first comments should have been kept behind locked doors in the first place. No player should call out another player especially to the media. If these comments were fabricated by Cook then shame on him for starting this whole thing in the first place, but for now we will give him the benefit of the doubt.

As for Clark’s comments (all of them) they should have been kept behind locked doors as well. Talk to your teammates tell them that this is not acceptable and move on from it; be a leader to your team and help shut down this media attention. Instead Clark joins three different media programs and now has turned this small issue into something that is blowing up on any Steelers fans Twitter feed.

All of these comments should have been kept within Steelers facilities and the fact that they have all been made public is making this rift in the Steelers locker room look worse and worse. It’s time for the leaders on this team to step up and put a lid on this. Keeping it in the media and doing an NFL program tour, like Clark is doing, is only making things look worse.

Clark should be a leader on this team and should know better than to go on national television and talk about a story. How hypocritical is it for him to call out a player for taking something to the media and not keeping it within the team by calling that player out on a bigger media spectrum? C’mon Clark you’re better than that now get this thing under wraps and have some internal discussions. The last thing this team needs is distractions following an 8-8 season.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/comments_on_lamarr_woodley_and_now_ryan_clarks_com ments_should_have_all_been_kept_behind_closed_door s/12943852[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    really,

he hustled so much his first 2 years here that a # 15 overall pick couldnt beat out larry freakin foote?

once again, 8/9 sacks in 8 games after he signed that contract. if thats the case, i hope he says F?!( the team for a full 16 games season.

did timmons say "F?! this team, i'm making 1st round money" in his frist 3 years here? did he even make as many splash plays in those 3 years here as woodley kdid in half a season when you think he said" F*** this team, i got my money"
    Really is that your argument, name me any player drafted in Lebeau D that started his first year. The only reason is because the vacancy left by Porter. And like I said Woodley was called out by Tomlin after his big contract, he only had 1.5 sacks in the first 4 games before that.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Just for the fun of it, whom do you guys believe made the comments about Woodley ? I think it's a tough guess for the reason because we pretty much know who does the talking on the team and that is Clark, Clark, Clark and Clark. After him everyone else is sort of quite.

You know it's not Troy.

It could be a malcontent backup.

Maybe Ike Taylor, Foote, Lewis, Hampton.

I don't think James Harrison, he doesn't have any trouble putting his name to it.

I wonder who the Vanderjack of the team is ?

As for Clark, he talks out of both sides of his mouth. If he wants to keep this stuff in house then, stop fueling the fire. I am glad it was said and hopefully all players will realize they are accountable for their condition and performance.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[url]http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php/pro-sports/steelers/119924-ed-fat-contract-did-not-change-woodley[/url]

Ed Bouchette states, Woodley's contract didn't change Woodley.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Just for the fun of it, whom do you guys believe made the comments about Woodley ? I think it's a tough guess for the reason because we pretty much know who does the talking on the team and that is Clark, Clark, Clark and Clark. After him everyone else is sort of quite.

You know it's not Troy.

It could be a malcontent backup.

Maybe Ike Taylor, Foote, Lewis, Hampton.

I don't think James Harrison, he doesn't have any trouble putting his name to it.

I wonder who the Vanderjack of the team is ?

As for Clark, he talks out of both sides of his mouth. If he wants to keep this stuff in house then, stop fueling the fire. I am glad it was said and hopefully all players will realize they are accountable for their condition and performance.
    Honestly... I think it's Clark. LOL...