Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does Jarvis Jones Look undersized and does it matter?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by B&GinNC View Post
    Greg Lloyd played the position at 225.
    That was before HGH. That's also 20 less years of eating hormonal meats and other foods that have been processed, modified, any which way. Who knows what it all does in terms of human size. But it does something.

I'm average height, but my gosh--middle school kids seem big to me. People today are bigger than they were just 15-20 years ago.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I'm not concerned with Jones' size. He's about the same size as Joey Porter. Porter played the position extremely well.

Jones also has very violent hands.

Legend

User Info Menu

jarvis is more than big enough
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Starter

User Info Menu

Strength and speed are more important. Bruce Lee was a BMF and he wasn't a big dude.

Size isn't everything. Especially at OLB.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Jones is big and fast enough he is going to have a great career

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Don't care too much for a man's size.....all I care about is his instincts and coachability.
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...
    Here We Go Steelers, Here We Go...!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm only concerned about it if it keeps him from shedding blocks and making plays. Since we haven't seen him play a single down of NFL football, I would think that it's a bit too early to be concerned about anything like that.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Farrior played at about 220 sometimes. I think it's a non-issue as long as he plays with proper technique.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Watched the Ben vs Eli replay (their rookie year) on NFLN on Saturday. JH looks like he was about half the size he is now. A few years of proper training and "supplementation" and he'll grow into a monster. Like they all do.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rpmpit View Post
    Watched the Ben vs Eli replay (their rookie year) on NFLN on Saturday. JH looks like he was about half the size he is now. A few years of proper training and "supplementation" and he'll grow into a monster. Like they all do.
    Exactly, if the steelers want him bigger they will make sure he gets bigger. Also when people get in the league they often hire cooks to prepare food for desire goal. I can see him easily gaining 15 lbs