Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Plaxico vs Cotchery?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    I would dress Plax too for red zone purposes.

and I thought Wallace played hard against the Ravens, he should have caught that one long pass along the sidelines but he also should have had a TD if Batch hadn't overthrown him in the end zone.
    no guarantee he would've caught that wide open pass in the End Zone.

Not trying to knock Wallace but he hasn't been reliable at all this year.

Backup

User Info Menu

I think Plaxico's spot as our #5 WR is safe for the rest of this season...
    You are probably right...but I think it is only because of injury or the fact that our practice squad WRs have been poached...

Check out yesterdays practice notes with regard to WR injury....

Nine players missed practice on Wednesday, including tackles Mike Adams (ankle) and Willie Colon (knee), receiver s Antonio Brown (ankle), Emmanuel Sanders (shoulder) and Mike Wallace (knee), safeties Ryan Clark (hip) and Troy Polamalu (not injury related), cornerback Ike Taylor (ankle), and linebacker LaMarr Woodley (ankle).

I think that Cotchery gets the nod if he is healthy....

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

plax is old, has clumsy hands and runs HORRIBLE routes. For his height, he refuses to jump and high point a ball. Typically the closer the ball get to him, the more his legs give out and he sags to the ground.
    He has 'some' remaining speed for his age and size. And appears to be willing to do anything to keep a job, which is always good.
    But Cotch is signed and a very positive player. He gets the job done routinely. Very good no.3/4 WR.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Wallace and Plax both had 8 TD's last year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by aggiebones View Post
    the closer the ball get to him, the more his legs give out and he sags to the ground.
    I've never seen Plax described so eloquently.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    no guarantee he would've caught that wide open pass in the End Zone.

Not trying to knock Wallace but he hasn't been reliable at all this year.
    Wallace was WIDE open in the end zone, there wasn't a defender anywhere near him. if Batch throws the ball accurately that is a TD catch 99 out of 100 times.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Jerricho > Plaxico.

But since Brown, Wallace, and Sanders all missed practice on Wednesday, I think we dress 5 WR's this week. Normally it would be an issue that your #5 WR doesn't play on ST's, but your #1 WR does contribute on special teams, so I guess that balances itself out.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Wallace was WIDE open in the end zone, there wasn't a defender anywhere near him. if Batch throws the ball accurately that is a TD catch 99 out of 100 times.
    sure, and the one time that wallace would drop that one is when the team needed it

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    sure, and the one time that wallace would drop that one is when the team needed it

oh, so you're one of those "the glass is 1% empty" kind of guys huh?
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

oh, so you're one of those "the glass is 1% empty" kind of guys huh?

nope, i'm one of those guys that was right about wallace during the off season. there was about 1% of us