Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Megatron hurting?

Legend

User Info Menu

Megatron with one leg will overmatch our defense especially if there is another LeBeau special giving him big cushions and Stafford a ton of time to throw the ball.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

Megatron is playing... but since he isn't 100% this win will be tainted.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Megatron is playing... but since he isn't 100% this win will be tainted.
    I disagree. ANY win that this team gets is a good win. Hell, if this was a playoff caliber team, no one would care if Megatron was playing or not ... We'd take the win, say "we were supposed to do that" and move on to the next week. So, Megatron playing or not playing has no effect on my attitude at this point. I'd like to see a win over a quality team, and if it happens, given our injuries I wouldn't care if Calvin suited up, was limited or whatever the case may be. Win and move on to next week.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    I disagree. ANY win that this team gets is a good win. Hell, if this was a playoff caliber team, no one would care if Megatron was playing or not ... We'd take the win, say "we were supposed to do that" and move on to the next week. So, Megatron playing or not playing has no effect on my attitude at this point. I'd like to see a win over a quality team, and if it happens, given our injuries I wouldn't care if Calvin suited up, was limited or whatever the case may be. Win and move on to next week.

Sarcasm.. I dont care if half the Lions get the flu and dont suit up.

Backup

User Info Menu

ahhhh, my apologies ... spent/wasted too much time trying to skip past Dub's multiple posts on the same subject ... turned my sarcasm meter off

Legend

User Info Menu

Sarcasm.. I dont care if half the Lions get the flu and dont suit up.
    Do you believe the Steelers are contenders? If so, you haven't been paying attention. If not, then why would you want empty wins?
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Do you believe the Steelers are contenders? If so, you haven't been paying attention. If not, then why would you want empty wins?
    I'm not one of those fans who needs our team to be a SB contender in order for the W's to count. Until we are mathematically eliminated I want W's. Hell, even if we are eliminated I want us to win.

I'm not a tanker... I'm not a lose out kind of guy... I want to win as many games as possible and anyone who doesn't needs to kick rocks.

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm not one of those fans who needs our team to be a SB contender in order for the W's to count. Until we are mathematically eliminated I want W's. Hell, even if we are eliminated I want us to win.

I'm not a tanker... I'm not a lose out kind of guy... I want to win as many games as possible and anyone who doesn't needs to kick rocks.
    I just see this differently. I'm not a "tanker" either...whatever that is. But, I'm am a realist. This is a bad Steeler team. We have almost no shot of any success on any level this season. But, a huge win against a healthy Lions team is BIG. That kind of win can truly build confidence, and turn a team around. Maybe not for a playoff run this season, but possibly a playoff run the next.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I just see this differently. I'm not a "tanker" either...whatever that is. But, I'm am a realist. This is a bad Steeler team. We have almost no shot of any success on any level this season. But, a huge win against a healthy Lions team is BIG. That kind of win can truly build confidence, and turn a team around. Maybe not for a playoff run this season, but possibly a playoff run the next.
    A tanker is someone who wants their team to lose so they can get a good draft pick... I kinda made it up.

A BIG win this year does nothing for our playoff chances next year. Every year is different and all the teams change due to turnover and parity. A win this week with or without Megatron keeps us in the hunt regardless of how bad we are and that's OK by me.

..and remember beating the Ravens last year with Batch? How did that work out for our confidence this year?
    Last edited by feltdizz; 11-15-2013 at 02:29 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

I like to listen to Wolfe and Tunch. They talk alot about the mentality of a football team. They talk about why, even when statistically you are out of it, you don't start rookies...you don't "tank" a season. I agree with that. That mentality effects the next. This is coming from guys who have played the game at the NFL level. They believe there is something to how you play a losing season that builds or destroys your next season. So, with that in mind. I want the Steelers to play some heavy hitters and win. I do believe it can build momentum going into next season.
    Trolls are people too.