Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden is Golden!

Legend

User Info Menu

Golden is Golden!

[URL="https://twitter.com/R0bG0lden"]]Robert Golden[/URL][URL="https://twitter.com/R0bG0lden"]@R0bG0lden[/URL]
    When I say God is good!! He is too Good!!! Thank You Lord!!! Thank You Lord!!!!! Made the 53Man Roster!! Thank You Lord!

Glad this kid made the team. Took advantage of every opportunity he was given to show he belonged....and he showed it!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    [URL="https://twitter.com/R0bG0lden"]]Robert Golden[/URL][URL="https://twitter.com/R0bG0lden"]@R0bG0lden[/URL]
    When I say God is good!! He is too Good!!! Thank You Lord!!! Thank You Lord!!!!! Made the 53Man Roster!! Thank You Lord!

Glad this kid made the team. Took advantage of every opportunity he was given to show he belonged....and he showed it!

Perfect example of a player earning it with his play. Very happy for the young man.

Also very happy to see that Baron Batch is on the team.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm real high on this kid. I think he has the tools to make a terrific NFL safety.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

​Congrats to Robert Golden. He earned it.

Legend

User Info Menu

Golden also played some corner in college, so he can be the de facto 5th corner as well, since we only kept 4 CB's on the final 53. The more that you can do...Tomlin loves that flexibility. I think Golden could be the primary backup in Denver to both Troy and Mundy (since Clark will obviously not be in the lineup) because I'd say that Golden is a better option on defense than Will Allen already (Allen is pretty much a special teams only player at this point...actually surprised they kept Allen this year over Cromartie-Smith...probably because DCS still had another year of PS eligibility left). In nickel defense in Denver, we should see Ike, Keenan, Cortez, Troy, and Mundy as our 5 DB's...it will be interesting to see if they use Golden or Curtis Brown as the 6th DB when we go into our dime defense.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Perfect example of a player earning it with his play. Very happy for the young man.

Also very happy to see that Baron Batch is on the team.
    I am very happy for Golden, but Batch? What's he done to impress? He went for 30 yards on 7 carries vs. all scrubs. And that was the best he had done all preseason. I just don't see what's so great with this guy. I don't think he's a legit NFL back.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

yep, we should cut all our RB's except dwyer.

he can do it all every game.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    I am very happy for Golden, but Batch? What's he done to impress? He went for 30 yards on 7 carries vs. all scrubs. And that was the best he had done all preseason. I just don't see what's so great with this guy. I don't think he's a legit NFL back.
    With Mendenhall not yet healthy, you have to have the extra RB, regardless of your opinion...

Batch also played on special teams...

Legend

User Info Menu

Baron Batch is a very good special teams player...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Batch is a spunky, heady player. Those types of players tend to make it based on their versatility. I would imagine Batch to be a very solid ST player as well as backin up at RB.

He kinda reminds me of former Michigan RB Mike Hart. Hart was a smart player, who made it (don't know if he's still around) simply because he was dependable and smart. Batch is the same way. These guys are good for overall character of the team.