Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good article on Dennard

Starter

User Info Menu

Good article on Dennard

[URL]http://blogs.thescore.com/nfl/2014/03/26/how-darqueze-dennard-physically-and-technically-dominates-receivers/[/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Reading that reminded me of someone....Just for fun can someone guess who this was written about?

POSITIVES: Terrific shutdown cornerback coming off an outstanding senior season. Quick-footed in reverse, fluid flipping his hips and loses nothing transitioning with opponents. Easily stays downfield with receivers, reading their eyes then getting his head back around to locate the ball. Quick planting to the throw and adjusts in midair to make the interception. Physical and supports the run.

Legend

User Info Menu

Yeah, I never understood why some here said his hips are stiff. I have never seen it.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Reading that reminded me of someone....Just for fun can someone guess who this was written about?
    I'll go with Bryant McFadden

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelsnis View Post
    [URL]http://blogs.thescore.com/nfl/2014/03/26/how-darqueze-dennard-physically-and-technically-dominates-receivers/[/URL]
    Not bad insight for a Canadian site.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    I'll go with Bryant McFadden
    Tye Hill

CBs in the first are risky business, Dennard is no exception. I have a feeling he will be the pick, but i dont really feel good about it, especially with a less than CB friendly scheme lebeau runs.

Much rather take Gaines or Jean-Baptiste later on

Rookie

User Info Menu

I like him. Another pick that wouldn't piss me off at #15...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    Tye Hill

CBs in the first are risky business, Dennard is no exception. I have a feeling he will be the pick, but i dont really feel good about it, especially with a less than CB friendly scheme lebeau runs.

Much rather take Gaines or Jean-Baptiste later on
    For some reason, I think of Joe Haden when I think of Dennard. Both dominated in coverage as college football players... both were knocked primarily for less-than-stellar speed.

Starter

User Info Menu

This may have no basis in fact, but I always look at CB as a position that you need to draft high to get a great one. I'm sure there are many good non-first-rounders out there, but it seems it's a good position to look at if you have a higher pick than you usually do.

Dennard is really good in run support as well, something that is always welcome in Pittsburgh.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shoe View Post
    For some reason, I think of Joe Haden when I think of Dennard. Both dominated in coverage as college football players... both were knocked primarily for less-than-stellar speed.
    He reminds me of Leon Hall as a player. I would LOVE him to be Joe Haden though

Dennards speed is fine. If we take him Ill be nervous but damn it would be nice to have a top 5 caliber CB on the roster