Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dwyer is our best back....

Starter

User Info Menu

Gotta remember. Dwyer was drafted when he was 20 years old. He just had his 23rd Birthday 2 and a half weeks ago.

When he came into this league, he wasn't even a man, yet.
    Came from a program(GT) where he was THE MAN for the short time he was there.
    He get's here, a kid, and is stuck behind Mendenhall.

I don't know...I think that maybe now, after he has grown up a bit and realizes that he is getting another opportunity, he is understanding things more. Not just on the field, but off it as well.

I remember seeing a clip of him talking about how his Dad told him not to come to him if he is crying. He said only if there is lots of blood or you can see the bone.
    I remember them being raised as humble kids.

This kids talent is really high, IMO. I really think he was just growing up and trying to become a man amongst alot of heavy weight hitters of men in this world.

I think we need to give him the ball alot this year. There is no way this line can't run block. Then let Haley and Ben play off the success of the Bell Cow.

I think , in the end, it' s gonna be hard for Tomlin to keep him on the bench.

Some wishful thinking here. But nothing beyond the realm of possibility.

Perhaps a coming-out with serious implications- Now the Steelers have a Fantasy Football stud running the ball to go along with there indestructable QB and Top tier defense.

Please, please, please.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Just think, if Mendy doesn't get hurt at the end of the season all this talk is moot because he is the starter with no ifs, ands or buts. The big moderator in the sky obviously felt we needed to talk about something.

When Mendy is healthy again all this will be moot.
    BS. RM sucks. He is part of the problem.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    okay, I will. shall I remind you weekly?
    Sure, I'd like that

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Sure, I'd like that

cool...

I will also get you Jonathan Dwyer's autograph when he makes it to the Pro Bowl this year as I always attend the autograph sessions at the Pro Bowl every year and will send it to you along with a box of chocolate macadamia nuts.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    BS. RM sucks. He is part of the problem.
    Sorry, but you can keep your BS. Mendy is the best RB we have.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Mendy is way over rated...I dont think he the Steelers will resign him unless they get him on the cheap.

Backup

User Info Menu

This may not be the case any longer... only time will tell... Based on watching Dwyer's limited collective body of work, I'm quite convinced that he could be the next Barry Foster... that is who I see when he runs. He may not be the fastest, (was Jerome or Barry?) but he just has a knack for gaining yards and big runs... Dwyer has the vision and skills to be a top 10 back. He knows where he needs to run and he commits... No dance no spinderella... just production... and he'd have a lot of production if he stays motivated, healthy and is give the chance. I would love to see what he can do on a consistent basis...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    This may not be the case any longer... only time will tell... Based on watching Dwyer's limited collective body of work, I'm quite convinced that he could be the next Barry Foster... that is who I see when he runs. He may not be the fastest, (was Jerome or Barry?) but he just has a knack for gaining yards and big runs... Dwyer has the vision and skills to be a top 10 back. He knows where he needs to run and he commits... No dance no spinderella... just production... and he'd have a lot of production if he stays motivated, healthy and is give the chance. I would love to see what he can do on a consistent basis...
    whoa dere....

I think there are about 100 RB's who would look just as good running through the 2 gaping holes I seen Dwyer run through... but when there isn't a hole.. or when there is a defender on him at the LOS will he fall forward? On the 4th and 1 that Redman converted... would Dwyer find that hole? Not saying he can't but I want to see him do it a few times before crowning him. I don't see top 10 but I see a solid #2 if he can do these things consistently.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I'm very curious what exactly some posters see in dwyer that says he can be a top 10 back in the NFL.

he has 25 carries for 151 yards in his career. Take away the 76 yard run and that drops to 24 for 76 yards, a 3 yard average.

sorry, but that doesn't scream top 10 back to me.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I'm very curious what exactly some posters see in dwyer that says he can be a top 10 back in the NFL.

he has 25 carries for 151 yards in his career. Take away the 76 yard run and that drops to 24 for 76 yards, a 3 yard average.

sorry, but that doesn't scream top 10 back to me.
    they see college...