Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: No more flips into ez

Legend

User Info Menu

Felt, we get it. You love the me first culture as exemplified by guys like Antonio Brown, who finds it imperative to make an ass out of himself whenever he gets the opportunity. Probably the worst example of the me first attitude almost hurting the team was when Santonio did his asinine point during the SB and almost didn't get back to the huddle during the hurry up.

Quite frankly, I was kind of hoping to see Sanders limp away after landing on his tailbone. Didn't want a serious injury, but he's a buffoon playing on a losing team. Maybe there is a correllation, maybe not, but now that many of the team leaders are buffoons like Brown and Sanders, the team stinks.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    pointing back to the 60's, 70's and 80's PROVES they weren't "imitating black culture"... it's just white guys doing what they felt they needed to do to hype themselves up or get endorsments. Some operate like Heath... some operate like Shockey.

and here's another news flash... there are more black players than white players in the NFL (especially at WR) so it's no surprise you see more blacks celebrating. That's like me turning on a hockey game and wondering why white guys are fighting all the time.

as far as cultural differences... maybe, but I think the real difference is white and black players in the NFL make tons of money to play a sport.. they live a very different life than most and live in a totally different culture than all of us. The chances of Keisel wearing that beard in a corporate setting is slim...

is there a difference between sacking the QB and getting a first down? Yep.. a sack on first down doesn't end a drive but Keisel can play his guitar and it's all good. Have you ever screamed "get back to the huddle" at Keisel because all he is doing is his job? Doubt it.. but let Brown get a first down and point and you lose your sh!t because he's black.

let's face you.. you opened a can of WTF with that post and not treating all these players equally is very telling.

It reminds me of a convo I had the other day with a white guy at the sports bar. He just lost his job and I was trying to hook him up with an interview because he sounded like a great salesman and we had a position open. All of a sudden he tells me he isn't a racist but hates Obama and wonders why my "brothers" were committing so much crime. I told him my "brother" graduated from the Naval Academy and works in upper management... and all of my "brothers" who I associate with work in corporate America, own homes, etc...

then I asked him what he is doing about his "white brothers" who commit crime. He had no answer... and remember, this is the guy with no job trying to tell ME about my "brothers"

I say all this because it's too easy for some to focus on a few blacks and use a broad strokes to paint every black player and then turn around and downplay the white players when they do it or act like it's "just a few"

black and white culture has nothing to do with this convo.. this is strictly about a new generation of players who celebrate because they can and some make a nice chunk of change off of there moves with endorsement deals. Its look at me nation... and it's done by all races.
    Well dizz, as usual we will just disagree on this. I think we had a convo back during the gun debate thread where I was painted to be a giant racist by you as well. Better never broach the subject of players getting in off season trouble with you as its all the same...no culture involved.

Farewell - I'm leaving the MB. Don't wanna spread my race hate
    @_Hellgrammite

Administrator

User Info Menu

I don't know how anyone could support Sanders celebration.

#1 - It could have easily caused an injury

#2 - What if he dropped the ball in mid air? That would have been a fumble and it wouldn't have surprised me one bit considering Sanders has a history of dropping the ball (literally).

#3 - You are 0-4. Is that cause for celebration? You scored a TD.... wow, really impressive. That is what you are getting paid to do. It's not like he has been lighting the world on fire with his WR play and that goes for the entire offense.

Last but certainly not least, why not just score the TD and THEN celebrate by doing something with much less risk that doesn't leave an option for a penalty, fumbling or injuring yourself. It's just stupid.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Felt, we get it. You love the me first culture as exemplified by guys like Antonio Brown, who finds it imperative to make an ass out of himself whenever he gets the opportunity. Probably the worst example of the me first attitude almost hurting the team was when Santonio did his asinine point during the SB and almost didn't get back to the huddle during the hurry up.

Quite frankly, I was kind of hoping to see Sanders limp away after landing on his tailbone. Didn't want a serious injury, but he's a buffoon playing on a losing team. Maybe there is a correllation, maybe not, but now that many of the team leaders are buffoons like Brown and Sanders, the team stinks.
    I don't love it but I do ACCEPT it.. that's the difference. All this "almost hurting the team is laughable" and wreaks of jealousy because these guys have talent and have fun from time to time.

I don't buy the celebrations being the reason we are losing now because Holmes did it while we were here and we won a SB with him. Holmes did it all the time and he was one of the main reasons we made it to the SB. Holmes had the clutch catch vs Baltimore in Baltimore....he sparked our win over SD with the punt return, he had the catch and run that set up the amazing TD catch.

Now that we are down this year you guys are hoping Brown and Sanders get injuries... that's crazy.

Is it a good idea to flip into the endzone? Hell no... but will I lose sleep over it or act like it's the reason we are down this year and hope they "learn a lesson" by getting hurt? Certainly not..

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Well dizz, as usual we will just disagree on this. I think we had a convo back during the gun debate thread where I was painted to be a giant racist by you as well. Better never broach the subject of players getting in off season trouble with you as its all the same...no culture involved.

Farewell - I'm leaving the MB. Don't wanna spread my race hate
    bringing up race and then running around acting like you are being accused of racism when confronted about a topic is cowardly. If you don't have the stones to defend your opinions on race then don't go there to begin with...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    I don't know how anyone could support Sanders celebration.

#1 - It could have easily caused an injury

#2 - What if he dropped the ball in mid air? That would have been a fumble and it wouldn't have surprised me one bit considering Sanders has a history of dropping the ball (literally).

#3 - You are 0-4. Is that cause for celebration? You scored a TD.... wow, really impressive. That is what you are getting paid to do. It's not like he has been lighting the world on fire with his WR play and that goes for the entire offense.

Last but certainly not least, why not just score the TD and THEN celebrate by doing something with much less risk that doesn't leave an option for a penalty, fumbling or injuring yourself. It's just stupid.
    all those things could happen but they didn't...

Like I told Philly... I don't love the flips but I'm not going to be miserable after a TD or a first down. Everyone is celebrating a TD or a new set of downs and a few of you are angry... lol.

Get some and get over it.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I was going to chime in on this topic, but Feltz you handled it like a true Champ lol. But all seriousness I don't like the flip because it's calling for injury. But a guy doing normal celebration??? What's wrong with that but I do see it as being jealousy or non athletic members who have never played one down of any sports.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I was going to chime in on this topic, but Feltz you handled it like a true Champ lol. But all seriousness I don't like the flip because it's calling for injury. But a guy doing normal celebration??? What's wrong with that but I do see it as being jealousy or non athletic members who have never played one down of any sports.
    I did chime in, but Feltz took the ball, ran with it, did a flip into the endzone, landed on his feet and finished with a Salsa dance! (all while holding his fist in the air and shouting "black culture")

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    I did chime in, but Feltz took the ball, ran with it, did a flip into the endzone, landed on his feet and finished with a Salsa dance! (all while holding his fist in the air and shouting "black culture")
    lol....that's hilarious

seriously tho.. The majority of good/great WR's for the most part have always been selfish look at me types...
    Last edited by feltdizz; 10-17-2013 at 12:43 PM.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    all those things could happen but they didn't..
    So let me get this straight... your ok with things as long as they don't have a negative result even if it's bad practice? It's easy to say that because hindsight is 20/20

So, if Sanders dropped the ball in mid-air causing a touchback and no TD... you have a problem with it.

If he doesn't then you don't. I get it.

I guess the same thing can be said for poor ball security. If our players have poor ball security and they don't fumble 90% of the time then your cool with it up until that 1 fumble that costs us a game... then it's a problem. Wouldn't it make more sense to not play russian roulette and simply cut out the possibility of something bad happening?

Are you ok with stealing because it's ok until you get caught?

Are you ok with cheating because it's ok until you get caught?

I'm not sure I'm following your train of thought.
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.