Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: This D is awful

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Well, the guy is a retired defensive coach and probably knows these guys personally, so I respect his thoughts. You can not argue the fact that the guy is an excellent teacher.
    Pretty much every football person says the exact same thing.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I don't care, maybe Bradley is his best friend uncle who knows? But Dick must go. He's not creative at all. No pressure packages just the same old ****, and the 10yd cushion is pathetic on 3rd and short.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    I don't care, maybe Bradley is his best friend uncle who knows? But Dick must go. He's not creative at all. No pressure packages just the same old ****, and the 10yd cushion is pathetic on 3rd and short.
    Its amazing Carnell Lake doesn't receive any grief around here. After all, he does coach the secondary.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

10 yd cushion and lack of blitzes was wayyyy before Carnell arrived.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Miami did score 2 TDs on turnovers on an INT and blocked punt. And the D did score one of the TDs.

Aside from 3 big plays, the D was ok. The area where they did really struggle was getting a consistent pass rush. But that's been a problem for 3 years.
    It was a strip sack not an INT but this D can't tackle...

I'm watching the Seattle game and I see gang tackles, attitude and a ton of penalties but they set the tone on D.

We don't gang tackle and you know damn well no lead is safe with this D.

We used to have swagger but now its a bunch of guys waiting for Troy to do something.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelhere10 View Post
    10 yd cushion and lack of blitzes was wayyyy before Carnell arrived.
    And we were winning Super Bowls but I guess that doesn't fit the agenda.

Bash away, I'm done.....

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBuckeye View Post
    But please, don't let the inept nature of the Defense cloud the fact that this offense, when Haley is doing a majority of the play calling is stale and conservative. Additionally, Haley shows an alarmingly consistent tendency to go away from what's working. Hey, the run game was FANTASTIC in the first half ... So, let's start lobbing the ball all around the field in the second. The guy can design some great plays, but as an "in game play caller" he leaves a whole helluva lot to be desired.
    No... Haley is an easy punching bag because he is the OC. I'm not a fan but he isn't the problem. This D RARELY makes a play to win a game. This D continues to give up 3rd down conversions on 3rd and 7 or more.

Miami has never scored more than 27 points this season... until they play us.
    Tannehill never played in the snow... but he looks like Marino.
    If the QB keeps the ball on a zone read... huge gain.
    Freaking Tebow.... nuff said.

I'm sorry but even the best need to retire at some point. There is no doubt in my mind DL is one of the best that ever did it but times up. Its obvious his complex D isn't being taught at the college level and he is stunting growth.
    Last edited by feltdizz; 12-08-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    What has Williams done at LB? I know he's a rook, but you never hear his name called. How many tackels does this guy have???? Sure would've been nice seeing a Hightower or a Teo in there at LB. Both those guys are playing well for their teams. Just saying....
    Iread somewhere that Teo is struggling... no thanks.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    No... Haley is easy punching bag because he is the OC. I'm not a fan but he isn't the problem. This D NEVER makes play to win a game. This D continues to give up 3rd down conversions on 3rd anf 7 or more.

Miami has never scored more than 27 points this season... until they play us.
    Tannehill never played in the snow... but he looks like Marino.
    If the QB keeps the ball on a zone read... huge gain.
    Freaking Tebow.... nuff said.

I'm sorry but even the best need to retire at some point. There is no doubt in my mind DL is one of the best that ever did it but times up. Its obvious his complex D isn't being taught at the college level and he is stunting growth.
    I agree about the D. And like I said, I wouldn't shed tears if DL retired or was replaced. I think there comes a time when there needs to be a new voice heard and this is probably that time. Only person I know that has a "job for life" is the Pope.
    The D is definitely the MAJOR problem. But Haley is also a problem. In short, the D is terrible and the O is schizophrenic. Does not lend itself to a winning season.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    And we were winning Super Bowls but I guess that doesn't fit the agenda.

Bash away, I'm done.....
    That makes absolutely no sense...