Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shawn's "I promise it's my real final mock draft"

Legend

User Info Menu

Shawn's "I promise it's my real final mock draft"

Round 1 Cordy Glenn- Glenn falls and saves us from years of having to watch a mud footed LBr cover faster TEs.Round

Zach Brown-LB-Brown is not a complete LBr, but he has track speed and much upside. While being bit of a project especially at ILB, he presents too much value and fills a need.

Round 3Josh Chapman-NT, Alabama-Will prove to be a steal in the third. Injury concerns will push this talented NT down the draft board, and the Steelers will be thrilled to get him in the third.Round

Trent Robinson-S-Michigan State, Honestly I’m not sure Robinson even makes it out of the late second round. Something tells me a team will get all excited by Robinsons size/speed, hard hitting combo. But, as of now most of what I am reading is calling Robinson a mid rounder. If that is the case, the guy is a steal in the 4th. Quick, fast, and athletic…could be a terrific starter in this league.Round

Dan Herron-RB-OSU, I have had the pleasure of watching “Boom” Herron for his entire college career. While he lacks elite speed, he is quick. He makes a decision and will burst through a hole then lay down a shoulder. For a smaller back he runs with authority. He runs with heart. When the line is playing well, he can break tackles on the second level and break off some big ones. I have seen him take over games. While he really needs to work on blocking, and his pass catching can improve…he has the ability to be a solid back in the NFL. He is certainly worth a 5th round pick. Round

6)
    Dale Moss-WR-South Dakota State, Write this name down because this is the next small school WR to make is big in the NFL. 6 foot 3, 215 pounds and has been clocked in the sub 4.4 range. He is long limbed and rangy, able to use size and speed appropriately. At his pro day, his vertical would have been the best at the combine, his 3 cone the second best. At 6 foot 3 having the second best cone is just freakish. He was a basketball player, and only has played one year of football. Inexperienced, raw, but this kind of athleticism doesn’t come around every day.I won’t be doing a 7th round mainly due to being lazy and not all that interested in the late picks. But, there had better be a kicker involved.
    Last edited by Shawn; 04-24-2012 at 12:25 PM.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Even though it is almost impossible to read because of font color i like your first 4 picks.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Thank you for having Glenn fall. I like Hightower in the first, with the explanation that Decastro, Kalil, Martin, Reiff, and Glenn are off the board already, but if one of those makes it to our pick, I'm perfectly fine with that. Looked back at the 2005 Super Bowl champs, and all five starters on the o-line were first round picks. Maybe once we go back to manning the o-line with first and second round talent, we can go back to being the ground and pounders that we were back then.

Legend

User Info Menu

What's with the eye test? For my sake, I just read your sig and that's a great draft.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Steelersrock151 View Post
    Thank you for having Glenn fall. I like Hightower in the first, with the explanation that Decastro, Kalil, Martin, Reiff, and Glenn are off the board already, but if one of those makes it to our pick, I'm perfectly fine with that. Looked back at the 2005 Super Bowl champs, and all five starters on the o-line were first round picks. Maybe once we go back to manning the o-line with first and second round talent, we can go back to being the ground and pounders that we were back then.
    I see what you are saying...But just to correct. Faneca & Simmons were the Steelers 1st round picks. Hartings was the Lions 1st round pick that was one of our best FA signings. Smith was the Steelers 2nd round pick and Starks was the Steelers 3rd round selection. The Steelers are fielding a 1st, 2nd, and 4th with two undrafted FA....So another 1st or 2nd as a starter would look real nice.

I would prefer an OT in the 1st or 2nd. This draft is deep at G. The Steelers could get another quality starter with alot of upside in the 2-4 range at G. DeCastro is the only G I would like in the 1st and he will be gone. I like Zeitler but he is early 2nd round talent very late 1st. I would be happy with Glenn at #24...Maybe Martin. Actually not a big fan of Reiff. Big fan of Massie and his upside. He is a RT playing in a LT body.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelBucks View Post
    What's with the eye test? For my sake, I just read your sig and that's a great draft.
    Thanks. And for whatever reason when I cut and paste that was the font color it gave me. I can't figure out how to change it.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Dude. Epic Mock Draft. That is BEAST!
    Cleveland spelled backwards is DNA Level C
    http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/d...itty29/mjg.jpg
    another AA/AS original.

Legend

User Info Menu

For those having trouble reading, highlight it with your mouse.

Starter

User Info Menu

Nice mock Shawn, I like the in depth analysis on the later picks. Dale Moss sounds like he could be a steal.

Oh yeah, if you highlight Shawn's mock it is easy to read.

Another AS masterpiece.

Benchwarmer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    I see what you are saying...But just to correct. Faneca & Simmons were the Steelers 1st round picks. Hartings was the Lions 1st round pick that was one of our best FA signings. Smith was the Steelers 2nd round pick and Starks was the Steelers 3rd round selection. The Steelers are fielding a 1st, 2nd, and 4th with two undrafted FA....So another 1st or 2nd as a starter would look real nice.

I would prefer an OT in the 1st or 2nd. This draft is deep at G. The Steelers could get another quality starter with alot of upside in the 2-4 range at G. DeCastro is the only G I would like in the 1st and he will be gone. I like Zeitler but he is early 2nd round talent very late 1st. I would be happy with Glenn at #24...Maybe Martin. Actually not a big fan of Reiff. Big fan of Massie and his upside. He is a RT playing in a LT body.
    Thank you for correcting me. Feel like we're married. But I agree, DeCastro, Glenn are easy picks. I would love Reiff, and probably Martin. I guess when people are rated so high to start with, one has to wonder why all of a sudden they seem to be falling. And usually its for no good reason. I think Reiff or Martin would be able to start o-line for us game one.