Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Trade for Levi Brown

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Florio says we are giving "late round" stuff up for him! If that is the case, what a relief of a pick this will be. I don't care about Brown's failures in AZ, he has to be a significant upgrade over Adams.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RKSteel View Post
    Traded to the browns, Steelers moved up, to select Landry, I believe.
    I believe we traded our pick to move up to get Shamarko not Landry
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

One thing I do like here, regardless of the outcome is a move to try and fix a big problem now, by going outside of Pittsburgh!
    I wonder who pushed to look outside of Pittsburgh?
    Now we need the Defensive coaches to go back to basics on tackling...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Cardinals don’t get much for Levi Brown

Posted by Mike Florio on October 2, 2013, 10:35 AM EDT
    Brown
    AP
    So what did the Cardinals get in return for tackle Levi Brown? Per a source with knowledge of the deal, not too much.

The source says the Cardinals are getting “late-round stuff” in exchange for Brown, the former top-five draft pick who played college football at Penn State and who is from Eastern Virginia, an area for which coach Mike Tomlin seems to have a specific affinity when it comes to finding players. That implies either one, or more than one, low-round draft pick.

Brown has played for the Cardinals since entering the league in 2007. With the Steelers, he’ll presumably be placed immediately at the left tackle position, where 2012 second-round pick Mike Adams repeatedly was beaten and abused by Vikings defensive end Jared Allen on Sunday.

It’s an odd move for the Cardinals, who had been creating a win-now vibe based on some of their late-preseason moves — and who are tied for second place in the NFC West after four games. Losing Brown won’t help them win now, and what they’re getting in return may not do much to help them win later.
    2022 NFL Mock Draft
    -------------------------------------------
    1. Malik Willis, QB; Liberty
    2. Daniel Faalele, OT; Minnesota
    3. Dante Stills, DT; West Virginia
    7. Riley Moss, CB; Iowa

Backup

User Info Menu

How much off an improvement is Levi Brown over Adams? Maybe Levi could become a above average guard at a later date?

Legend

User Info Menu

Interesting move. I haven't heard mcuh good about Levi Brown's play, but if he can be serviceable at LT, he is a big step over what Adams has done.

I wouldn't give up on Adams yet. He still has a lot of work to do, and he could eventually end up as an asset at RT - the run game did have its best success when he was the RT last year.

At least the Steelers now have some options.

Legend

User Info Menu

on a side note - not that Adams has been good - he hasn't... but, many guys have struggled to block Jared Allen... just sayin'

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    on a side note - not that Adams has been good - he hasn't... but, many guys have struggled to block Jared Allen... just sayin'
    That would be a good point if Jared Allen was the only guy that he struggled to block, which is certainly not the case.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    That would be a good point if Jared Allen was the only guy that he struggled to block, which is certainly not the case.
    again i say, "not that Adams has been good - he hasn't..."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    again i say, "not that Adams has been good - he hasn't..."
    Gotcha. It's like people railing on Max Starks after he was abused by Aldon Smith. Aldon Smith abuses a ton of people (including himself, apparently, when he crashes his car into a tree in a drunken stupor at 7:00 a.m.).
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.