Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: He could fall to 17.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Exactly. If Te'o is the best player, than take him. Simple.
    Exactly. If it's somebody else, then take them.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

No way he falls to 17, unless he has a really bad game vs. AL and stinks at the combine. And if that happens, I'm not sure I want him. He is slated to go top 5 right now. We need a ball hawk DB more than ILB.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Exactly. If it's somebody else, then take them.
    Do you think that is what the Steelers did or got when the drafted Cameron Hayward, Ziggy Hood, Rashard Mendenhall, Lawrence Timmons, etc., etc.?

With the Steelers it's always best player available at a position of need. And more times than not it inst usually the best player rated on the board.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Rookie

User Info Menu

I disagree. Value and need. The Steelers don't overdraft under Colbert in the first round.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I disagree. Value and need. The Steelers don't overdraft under Colbert in the first round.
    Ok then tell us, was Timmons, Hayward, Hood, Mendenhall the best players on the board when they were drafted?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Ok Ovi, does not the fact that the Steelers played one of the worst opponent win-loss percentages play into their defensive ranking? Do you really believe this is a high ranked defense? If so..I'll, I can say is you gotta be kidding me?!

Look at the yardage and points this so called great denseness gave up versus the lowly, Raiders, Titans, Browns (game 1), Chargers, and Cowboys this year.
    I was being sarcastic but until this defense takes a major fall too many have a false sense of belief it is still a great defense. Great defenses sack QBs and get INTs both of which we have become more feeble at doing over the past few seasons. But everyone can keep drinking the "great defense" kool-aid!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I was being sarcastic but until this defense takes a major fall too many have a false sense of belief it is still a great defense. Great defenses sack QBs and get INTs both of which we have become more feeble at doing over the past few seasons. But everyone can keep drinking the "great defense" kool-aid!
    Oh sorry. Misunderstood. We are on the same page.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dub View Post
    Ok then tell us, was Timmons, Hayward, Hood, Mendenhall the best players on the board when they were drafted?
    At the time of the draft, you absolutely could have argued that any of those players were the best player available... At the very least, one out of a group of equivalent players...

We have the benefit of hindsight now, which no one has on draft day...

Starter

User Info Menu

We are drafting in the Timmons (15th), Polamalu (16th), Hampton (?), and Pouncey (18th) range. So I feel confident we will get a multiple-Pro Bowl caliber player based on our recent draft record. Mendenhall could be Pro-Bowl material on the right team.

I think Timmons could give us another 5 or 6 seasons of play like this last one. Now if we can keep the young corners, Woodley gets off his lazy A** this off-season and comes back playing like he has already, and we can find someone to eventually replace Troy and Ryan, we should be set for a few years on D. I honestly think both Troy and Ryan have at least one and maybe two Pro Bowl type years left in them. And Troy will play at least 14 games next year.

I think we are Super Bowl contenders as long as Ben is healthy.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Hampton was a #19 pick, IIRC... The Steelers traded down...