Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: we could lose a draft pick due to Tomlin debacle...

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I can't believe it's even being discussed. Tomlin did not go onto the field. He stayed in the white. Tomlin did not touch the player, he jumped back when he realized how close he was. The player - to me- doesn't look like he slowed down because of Tomlin. The game did not hinge in any way on this mistake. For a first offense for a very classy coach, I think it's absurd that a draft pick is even in the discussion. A flag and a fine is all that was deserved for this mistake.
    Tomlin's foot did not stay in the white. He was clearly on the field or they wouldn't have even fined him.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Just last week, the Jets were flagged for interfering with an official...no fine issued, despite their history with sideline interference...

Tomlin neither interfered with the official nor the player...but, he's popped for $100K and the dangling threat of a draft pick?

Not capricious? Not arbitrary?

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Tomlin's foot did not stay in the white. He was clearly on the field or they wouldn't have even fined him.
    That is true...he did take a step onto the grass in order to push off and get out of the way of the player...

But, they would have fined him regardless...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    I am no more a homer than you are a racist...
    I am???

You're a moron, I know that much.....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eich View Post
    I can't believe it's even being discussed. Tomlin did not go onto the field. He stayed in the white. Tomlin did not touch the player, he jumped back when he realized how close he was. The player - to me- doesn't look like he slowed down because of Tomlin. The game did not hinge in any way on this mistake. For a first offense for a very classy coach, I think it's absurd that a draft pick is even in the discussion. A flag and a fine is all that was deserved for this mistake.
    ^^^^^^ this folks. Why are some out there in sports land so blind that their own minds fool their own eyes.

How could have it been on purpose? It appears to me that Tomlin did not move UNTIL the play was upon him. WHAT, does he have super powers or ESP that the play would happen to be run back that far, or to that side of the field? I don't buy it.

Of course, he shouldn't of been there. But I don't see him move AT ALL until the play is there. I can see it intentional if he were moving as the play developed.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    ^^^^^^ this folks. Why are some out there in sports land so blind that their own minds fool their own eyes.

How could have it been on purpose? It appears to me that Tomlin did not move UNTIL the play was upon him. WHAT, does he have super powers or ESP that the play would happen to be run back that far, or to that side of the field? I don't buy it.

Of course, he shouldn't of been there. But I don't see him move AT ALL until the play is there. I can see it intentional if he were moving as the play developed.
    The difference is Tomlin's on the competition committee. He is being held to a higher standard.... just sayin.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    I am???

You're a moron, I know that much.....
    Perhaps I am, but I can at least read and comprehend a single sentence....

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    The difference is Tomlin's on the competition committee. He is being held to a higher standard.... just sayin.
    $100K certainly accounts for that high standard...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    That is true...he did take a step onto the grass in order to push off and get out of the way of the player...

But, they would have fined him regardless...
    If I'm standing still and I want to step left (like Tomlin did).... I don't need to take a step to the right first. No offense but that is a horrible excuse
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    If I'm standing still and I want to step left (like Tomlin did).... I don't need to take a step to the right first. No offense but that is a horrible excuse
    It depends how quickly you need to move and whether you have time to think things over or are reacting instinctly (as if surprised). Jones was gonna be tackled by Cortez whether Tomlin was there or not. Jones veering away from Tomlin would only make the tackle more difficult as Cortez would have to adjust to his target changing directions.