Thread: A Bright Spot in a Dismal Week 1

Legend

User Info Menu

A Bright Spot in a Dismal Week 1

Congratulations to Steve McClendon for earning a +3.5 grade from PFF. He was credited with 2 hurries + 1 hit on Locker, along with 2 stops. Hope he doesn't burn himself out by week 5, but he clearly came to play that day.

On the otherhand, a big turd goes to M Gilbert for earning a -3.5 for 2 sacks allowed + 3 QB pressures.

Legend

User Info Menu

What A WASTE two first round picks on the Dline and a FREE AGENT is the only one making a splash.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

nice job big mac!

Legend

User Info Menu

How did Ziggy & Mike Adams grade?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Malachi Corley WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    What A WASTE two first round picks on the Dline and a FREE AGENT is the only one making a splash.
    I think I read on here somewhere, something about the Steelers tended to wait til the late rounds to get their Dlineman, until Hood and Heyward were drafted. Maybe Nik Williams will team up with Woods and McLendon to be a beastly D Line for years to come.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    I think I read on here somewhere, something about the Steelers tended to wait til the late rounds to get their Dlineman, until Hood and Heyward were drafted. Maybe Nik Williams will team up with Woods and McLendon to be a beastly D Line for years to come.
    Yes, we used to acquire our defensive ends at bargain basement prices

I started a thread on the topic

[URL]http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/showthread.php/41356-Never-draft-defensive-ends-in-the-first!!![/URL]

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Just noticed the was a HAPPY thread. Sorry

McClendons play was indeed a bright spot.

TCFCLTC-

Legend

User Info Menu

Be glad that Fat Hampton didn't have another year on his contract, or McLendon would be rotting on the bench this season.