Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hines Ward training for IRONMAN 2013

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Hines Ward training for IRONMAN 2013

[url]http://www.steelersgab.com/2013/03/02/video-hines-wards-new-become-one-ironman-series/[/url]
    @_Hellgrammite

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would never doubt Hines in what he can do when he puts his mind to it. He's a competitor and wants to be the best he can be, wish him well in the competition and know he'll do well.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Would be an accomplishment to just finish that race.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone else picture Hines trying to drown some competitor while swimming, lay someone out that tries to run past him, or put a stick in someone's bike spokes?

The commercial's kinda funny. Chocolate Milk adds to the obesity epidemic for everyone else, but for Hines it helps him complete the iron man.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Would be an accomplishment to just finish that race.
    Some guy completed the race with his disabled son and pretty much dragged him through the race. Another dude completed the IronMan while he had ALS.

You get 17 hours to complete the race.

I think Hines is trying to seal his fate in Canton. Every dancing with the stars or ironman he does just gets his name out there as a versatile athlete.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    Some guy completed the race with his disabled son and pretty much dragged him through the race. Another dude completed the IronMan while he had ALS.

You get 17 hours to complete the race.

I think Hines is trying to seal his fate in Canton. Every dancing with the stars or ironman he does just gets his name out there as a versatile athlete.
    Oh shyt, with it being that easy I think I will go do it just for kicks hahaha.
    @_Hellgrammite

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Oh shyt, with it being that easy I think I will go do it just for kicks hahaha.
    I couldn't imagine running a marathon. I remember being exhausted after a mile or 2. Then who knows if I could swim for 2+ miles? Where can you even attempt to swim that far? Maybe the biking would be doable, but I'd never make it to the bike to give that a shot.

I could probably make it as the disabled kid that some guy dragged along with him. That might be my only shot to finish.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I couldn't imagine running a marathon. I remember being exhausted after a mile or 2. Then who knows if I could swim for 2+ miles? Where can you even attempt to swim that far? Maybe the biking would be doable, but I'd never make it to the bike to give that a shot.

I could probably make it as the disabled kid that some guy dragged along with him. That might be my only shot to finish.
    Hahaha....some cut up diesel dude would have Flippy riding on the handlebars.
    @_Hellgrammite

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I work with a bilateral amputee patient (below the knee amputations) who completed the Kona Ironman. Pretty ridiculous.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    I work with a bilateral amputee patient (below the knee amputations) who completed the Kona Ironman. Pretty ridiculous.
    I felt pathetic when I heard the guy that couldn't walk/talk made it through the course with someone towing him. Now I feel worse after hearing of the double amputee.

Sometimes I wish I had more motivation.