Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Peter King calls Steeler fans on the internet "scary" and "alarmist"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I'm gonna start calling you Nucky. I swear I've seen both of your cars on Boardwalk Empire.

Don't know what you mean.

Starter

User Info Menu

Who cares what Peter King thinks? Discussion boards are where opinionated fans who can't get enough of football go. I think it says a lot that a sportwriter goes to a Steeler discussion forum in the first place.

I've noticed most sports writers and tv "analysts" don't do their homework and know less about the NFL than your average poster here. King should stick around. He might learn something. Maybe that is why he is here in the first place.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MCHammer View Post
    Who cares what Peter King thinks? Discussion boards are where opinionated fans who can't get enough of football go. I think it says a lot that a sportwriter goes to a Steeler discussion forum in the first place.

I've noticed most sports writers and tv "analysts" don't do their homework and know less about the NFL than your average poster here. King should stick around. He might learn something. Maybe that is why he is here in the first place.

Wow ! You crushed it !

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fezziwig View Post
    Don't know what you mean.
    There's a series on HBO called 'Boardwalk Empire'. Greatest series ever. It takes place in the Prohibition Era in Atlantic City where people go for their booze. The guy that runs the town (Steve Buscemi) is named Enoch "Nucky" Thompson. He's half politician and half gangster. Since it takes place in the 20s/30s, the cars he rides around in look similar to yours.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    There's a series on HBO called 'Boardwalk Empire'. Greatest series ever. It takes place in the Prohibition Era in Atlantic City where people go for their booze. The guy that runs the town (Steve Buscemi) is named Enoch "Nucky" Thompson. He's half politician and half gangster. Since it takes place in the 20s/30s, the cars he rides around in look similar to yours.
    Great show. Never miss it.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DBR96A View Post
    [URL="http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20121217/week-15/?sct=hp_wr_a2&eref=sihp"]He's right[/URL] too.
    Our behavior online is so embarrassing that a columnist for Sports Illustrated is calling us out in front of the world.
    Peter King = Overpaid Janitor

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I can see where he's coming from. If I weren't a fan and looked at these things I'd think the same.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Peter King needs fired...his writing sucks! He only got hired due to the Reilly Rule!

Legend

User Info Menu

Wow, you beat me to it.....
    Over the last 3 years, how many complete Steeler games do you think Peter King had time to watch?

Legend

User Info Menu

So.....what screen name is Peter King going under around here then?

He's half right. Steelers fans are prone to the odd over reaction. But that's just part of having football in the soul, Chadman suspects. No doubt every team's messege board has it's share of nutjobs, wackos & the Flippy's.

Only 'scary' part is when messege board fans turn into messege board hero's & can't see that everyone has a point of view.

But from what Chadman can tell, that's just being 'American', isn't it?
    The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE