Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanders???

Starter

User Info Menu

Sanders???

According to Schefter, Manny Sanders is in New England today visiting the Pats. They could sign him to offer sheet that would force Steelers to match. Anyone know what his compensation would be if he left? Would it cost a first rounder like Wallace would have?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Just saw the tweet too. I think he received original round tender so the Steelers would receive a 3rd if they didn't match. So it begins. This could be Sanders agent's way of getting the Steelers to give him a long term now.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

You read it wrong, it was Leon Sandcastle. He did run a 4.2.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Here is what Schefter says:

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefterSteelers RFA WR Emmanuel Sanders visiting Patriots today. Pats could sign him to offer sheet that cap-strapped Steelers struggle to match.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Jason La Canfora confirmed it too.

Jason La Canfora
    ‏@JasonLaCanforaCan confirm ESPN report that Steelers restricted free agent WR Emmanuel Sanders visiting the Pats. No offer sheet yet. PIT cap hamstrung

Starter

User Info Menu

I like Sanders as our #2 or #3 receiver. Hopefully he has no illusions of being a #1 guy. Although being a receiver in a pass-happy offense like New England has to be pretty enticing for any young wideout.

Backup

User Info Menu

Once again, a franchise QB not named Roethlisberger gets respect and priority from his team.

This is comical at this point.

Legend

User Info Menu

Sanders didn't exactly blow me away with his performance when he started for Brown. I think he's an ok #3 WR and a poor number 2. If he isn't going to be in the Steelers long term plans, I guess it's marginally better to have him leave this year and get the third round pick in exchange. A WR early in the draft would essentially become a need, and the extra third could either be used to shore up another area of the team or to move up somewhere to grab a guy that the Steelers like.

Starter

User Info Menu

??? Pats just let Welker walk away. Sure weren't giving Brady any "priority" there.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    Once again, a franchise QB not named Roethlisberger gets respect and priority from his team.

This is comical at this point.
    Are you talking about the QB who had his favorite weapon leave over essentially $1 million per year and has been griping about it ever sense? That guy?

If anything is comical, it is your posts.