Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Ben is one of the problems.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Elitestatusplease View Post
    Ben was the ONLY qb in the Pro Bowl to take a sack. Oh.... behind an ALL PRO LINE AND NO BLITZ RULE. Next excuse?
    They aren't excuses it's my opinion of what I see when I am watching Ben play. He isn't trusting what he's seeing on the reads, you can see he looks a bit more concerned about finding where the pressure is coming from rather than looking down field, it's my opinion, just the same as you have yours.

I could care less about the pro bowl the most insignificant game ever played. I don't care if he's sacked 12 times in that ridiculous spectacle that they rty passing off as football.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    They aren't excuses it's my opinion of what I see when I am watching Ben play. He isn't trusting what he's seeing on the reads, you can see he looks a bit more concerned about finding where the pressure is coming from rather than looking down field, it's my opinion, just the same as you have yours.

I could care less about the pro bowl the most insignificant game ever played. I don't care if he's sacked 12 times in that ridiculous spectacle that they rty passing off as football.

Pappy
    There's actually a Pro Bowl *game*? Really??

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SanAntonioSteelerFan View Post
    There's actually a Pro Bowl *game*? Really??
    I'm not sure what it is, but calling it a game is really stretching it.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by skyhawk View Post
    BS. He passes for 4500 yards in 2009 and was playing MVP like football last season. He has adapted to his surroundings better than any QB of the last 30 years in all of the NFL. He has to. Poor guy will likely NOT be a lock hall of famer now due to this horrid team he has around him and because of our "own" fans like you. What does this guy gotta do to get respect from fanstasy football armchair QB fans?

Edit: And I will add he has improved on his deep ball and pocket passing and arm strength. He has also stayed in shape and looks as slim as he has in the past 5 years.
    Great post. Knowledgeable fan.

Legend

User Info Menu

Ike, Starks and Hines had 3 sbs too, HOW COME they arent afforded "Ben treatment".
    I dont even know what you mean here. You are comparing the popularity of an offensive LINEMAN to that of a Quarterback? Really?
    Are you talking about Max getting cut? Ask TOMLIN. Fans LOVE Starks.
    And Hines? Dude is EXTREMELY popular. I dont get your point.

When Mendy made insensitive comments he got killed. Ben gets his 2nd rape allegation in a year and 80% of Steeler Nation blamed the media and DTF. How come?
    Congrats, Im melanin challenged if you will but I can see the blacks' (no offense) point and Colin's.
    Dont get this wrong I am not offended but "the blacks" dont have a point of view on this because we do not have one viewpoint. I would venture a guess that MOST blacks understand why a QB like Ben has loyal fan support, and understand why he is more popular than an offensive lineman like Starks, or backup QBs like Batch and Leftwich.

I have already addressed this issue. If you are going to use the we haven't had an elite quarterback for 30 years argument then why doesn't the same thing applies to our running backs DB's etc?
    Because your premise is flawed. We HAVE HAD elite talent at other positions and we could not win a championship without the QB, That is why THE SAME THING doesnt apply to other positions.

Lastly, Ben gets WAY too much credit for our sb wins.
    Winning the SB is not just THAT GAME. Ben's playoff getting to his first SB was something his predecessors were not capable of doing. This team minus Ben is what we have had all the years since the end of the 70s. We would have no ring.
    And IF you dont think we have fans who favor players who look like them then you are naive.

I must be naive alright
    Which is why 43 is the most popular Steeler jersey in recent memory!!!!!

(Long manned Samoan men like THESE PEOPLE are EVERYWHERE in the Steeler nation.)

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

that last photo is all types of wrong Capt.

Legend

User Info Menu

I think what shocks me (and it shouldn't but it does) is that some fans take Ben criticism as a personal attack. Ben isn't playing well, anyone saying he is likely needs to get the prescription checked on their glasses. I can only speak for myself, but I have always been a huge Ben fan even in the mist of some of his off the field nonsense. But, I must call a spade a spade and land a good portion of the poor play of the O on his shoulders. Yes, the OL stinks, yes we need a playmaker at WR. But, guys Ben has always played above all that. That is what made him so good...lemonade out of lemons...miracle come backs...clutch throws etc. He is a great QB who is struggling. He hasn't made those kind of plays for awhile now. He is responsible for 4 turnovers alone last game. Something is wrong in Bentown, and I'm not sure I can blame it all on the OL and the WRs.
    Trolls are people too.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    I think what shocks me (and it shouldn't but it does) is that some fans take Ben criticism as a personal attack. Ben isn't playing well, anyone saying he is likely needs to get the prescription checked on their glasses. I can only speak for myself, but I have always been a huge Ben fan even in the mist of some of his off the field nonsense. But, I must call a spade a spade and land a good portion of the poor play of the O on his shoulders. Yes, the OL stinks, yes we need a playmaker at WR. But, guys Ben has always played above all that. That is what made him so good...lemonade out of lemons...miracle come backs...clutch throws etc. He is a great QB who is struggling. He hasn't made those kind of plays for awhile now. He is responsible for 4 turnovers alone last game. Something is wrong in Bentown, and I'm not sure I can blame it all on the OL and the WRs.
    I agree with you Shawn 100 percent.
    There are two extremes-

1. Ben can never do wrong and if you cant see EVERYONE ELSE is responsible, you hate Ben. (so he IS responsible for the success but not the failures)
    2. Ben gets undeserved credit for the success he has had in the past. (so he IS responsible for the failures but not the success)

Is Ben responsible or not? Both POVs are inconsistent.

The truth is that Ben deserves big props for recent Steeler success AND he owns much responsibility for his own current struggles. Heck HE takes ownership HIMSELF in his own comments.

If one says Ben gets credit for the success, he MUST get credit for the failures, ESPECIALLY if HIS TURNOVERS are central to the failures.

THAT is consistent.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

CL, that is money.
    Trolls are people too.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Last three post are money.
    [url=http://img525.imageshack.us/i/steelers2010.jpg/]http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/2...eelers2010.jpg[/url]