Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Possible Red Flag on DeAndre Hopkins

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    You sure about that? I would think spreading your feces around a hotel room would send up big-time warning signals. If I'm making the decision, I wouldn't touch him now. Let him go and (literally) crap on another team.
    How sure can anyone be he did it? No one. I'm sure there is a lot of partying going on at the combine with soon to be rich young athletes. Have you ever been to a frat party or been around athletes?
    Here comes the BOOM!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I would still take him at 1:17.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    How sure can anyone be he did it? No one. I'm sure there is a lot of partying going on at the combine with soon to be rich young athletes. Have you ever been to a frat party or been around athletes?
    Not where they were smearing feces around, nope.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Pretty sure I saw "The Wolfpack" crew from Hangover come out of that very same hotel.
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke

Legend

User Info Menu

I'm tired of this team becoming what the Bengals have been for years. We've been picking way too many juvenile delinquents... Enough!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/trashed-combine-hotel-room-belonged-clemson-deandre-hopkins-221849241--nfl.html[/url]

Here's the article if anyone's interested.
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

[url]http://www.greenvilleonline.com/article/20130419/TIGERSNOW/304190078/Hopkins-denies-involvement-in-hotel-mess-during-Combine?nclick_check=1[/url]

another article saying Hopkins left for an early flight.
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke

Legend

User Info Menu

If Hopkins was indeed out of there before the "stuff hit the fan," then it should be relatively easy to prove.

But for a guilty player? I still think it would have to affect his draft stock in the eyes of some teams.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    If Hopkins was indeed out of there before the "stuff hit the fan," then it should be relatively easy to prove.

But for a guilty player? I still think it would have to affect his draft stock in the eyes of some teams.
    Really? People like Janoris Jenkins, Pacman Jones, Chris Henry, Kenny Britt get drafted after doing much worse acts. And you think this will affect his stock at all?

Nevermind, its a rhetorical question. This will have zero impact on his draft stock.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BigRob View Post
    This will have no affect on him. It was likely the result of a party. No team is not going to draft him based off of this. Non sequiter.

I have him in my mock (look down). I know he is likely not the pick at 17, but I wanted to see how close I could get to reality with one mock done before the Senior Bowl or the draft process.
    You sure about that? Even if you almost totally discount partying during the Combine, and ending up trashing the room (ignoring the smeared feces stuff--if he did that, I WOULD NOT draft such a numbnuts). It is very hard to imagine him or his roommate having NOTHING TO DO WITH IT, as they want everyone to believe. Who would go into a random hotel room, and do all that kind of stuff. It's highly doubtful IMO.

So the bigger thing is him lying about his actions. I think he did it (left the room trashed). And I think he and his roommate are lying about it. I don't like that.