Thread: Anyone Want To Start a New Political Party?

Legend

User Info Menu

Anyone Want To Start a New Political Party?

I still haven't found anyone that's voting for someone they want to be president.

There's always been some I'll vote for this guy because I don't like that guy. But now it's taken over every single voter. I can't think of anyone that is voting for a candidate because they like or believe in a candidate. People are in 2 camps. 1. Obama is the worst president ever so I'll vote for the other guy or 2. Romney's the biggest moron ever and I'm embarrassed to say it buy I'll vote for the other guy.

With 300M people in the US, shouldn't we be able to find someone to vote for?

Maybe I should just vote for the Libertarian guy since I agree with him on 95% of the issues.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I still haven't found anyone that's voting for someone they want to be president.

There's always been some I'll vote for this guy because I don't like that guy. But now it's taken over every single voter. I can't think of anyone that is voting for a candidate because they like or believe in a candidate. People are in 2 camps. 1. Obama is the worst president ever so I'll vote for the other guy or 2. Romney's the biggest moron ever and I'm embarrassed to say it buy I'll vote for the other guy.

With 300M people in the US, shouldn't we be able to find someone to vote for?

Maybe I should just vote for the Libertarian guy since I agree with him on 95% of the issues.
    That's what I'll be doing, if for no other reason than because I think the country needs to break the 2 party system, and until enough of the population swings to a third party candidate it will never happen.

I would rather Romney over Obama (I think?), but the state where I live - Georgia - is going to vote for Romney already. I don't feel my vote is needed here to beat Obama, so I will be casting my vote in opposition to the 2 party system more than I will be for Gary Johnson, although I think GJ has some good views.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    That's what I'll be doing, if for no other reason than because I think the country needs to break the 2 party system, and until enough of the population swings to a third party candidate it will never happen.

I would rather Romney over Obama (I think?), but the state where I live - Georgia - is going to vote for Romney already. I don't feel my vote is needed here to beat Obama, so I will be casting my vote in opposition to the 2 party system more than I will be for Gary Johnson, although I think GJ has some good views.
    He sounds like my kind of candidate. His nickname when he was governor was Governor Veto. Apparently he's veto'd more bills than all the other governors combined during his time running NM.

He pretty much has a track record of doing everything a rational person would do if they were running a state or country.

Cut spending. Reduce gov't. Reduce taxes. Privatize everything. Get out of wars and policing the world. Legalize drugs. Give freedom and personal liberties back to people. And on and on.

I was surprised to find someone out there agrees with me on almost everything. I'm sure that would somehow screw up the US given that he agrees with me on so much