Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Planet Steelers Fantasy Football League is live

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 7 UP View Post
    What pick do I give up for Thomas?

He was undrafted, and is now ranked #37 overall - that is a 4th round choice in our draft, meaning you will get Thomas with your choice in the 9th round.

Backup

User Info Menu

Just checked this thread for the first time in a week and completely missed the announcement of the midnight deadline tonight --- you should have sent out the deadline as a message via the League Message Board so that we'd get an email instead of expecting that everyone was checking the thread.

If it is possible, I'd like to keep AJ Green. Otherwise I guess I am going with no keeper.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrCalculus View Post
    Just checked this thread for the first time in a week and completely missed the announcement of the midnight deadline tonight --- you should have sent out the deadline as a message via the League Message Board so that we'd get an email instead of expecting that everyone was checking the thread.

If it is possible, I'd like to keep AJ Green. Otherwise I guess I am going with no keeper.
    You're fine - there was an error on my part - I'll add Green as your keeper.

Please stop being a backseat commish at every turn though. It's not as easy to organize a league with 10 guys you don't know and only have limited communication options with as you apparently think it is. I sent you an email from the league yesterday and I believe a PM here as well. Attempts were made to contact you, you just didn't see them.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Has anyone heard from Ruthless lately? A little concerned about the guy - he hasn't posted in a few days and didn't list a keeper either when he obviously would have wanted one based on his roster options. His cruise isn't for a few more days either so I don't think it's that.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by D Rock View Post
    Has anyone heard from Ruthless lately? A little concerned about the guy - he hasn't posted in a few days and didn't list a keeper either when he obviously would have wanted one based on his roster options. His cruise isn't for a few more days either so I don't think it's that.
    Sorry, man...just moved into a new house this weekend. Long story short, my father-in-law has a form of dementia that has some aspects of Alzheimer's and other aspects of Parkinson's, and my mother-in-law could not take of him by herself anymore, but did not want to put him in a nursing home either, so the solution was that they would sell their house, we would sell our house, and buy a bigger house together with an in-law apartment, so we could also help her with him. The moving truck came for our stuff on Saturday, and then came for their stuff yesterday. I've been lugging boxes all weekend, and have not been on the computer one single time in the last 3-4 days (I'm back at work now, which is somewhat of a relief because I get to sit at a desk instead of nearly giving myself a hernia lifting furniture).

I understand if I can't have a keeper because the deadline has passed, but if possible, I guess I would opt to hold onto Montee Ball for a 7th round pick (even though it's hard giving up absolute studs like McCoy for a 1st, Graham for a 2nd, Peyton for a 7th, and our own Le'Veon for a 7th). Just think its the best value to get a potential bellcow back with a midround pick like that (although I like Bell better as a player, there is no Blount to vulture TD's away from Ball).

I'm leaving on the cruise this Friday afternoon (driving down to Baltimore on Thursday night), which was planned way before this whole move situation came up. On one hand, its the worst possible time to have to pick up and leave for a week, but on the other hand, all of us could really use a vacation about now. From what I can tell, the draft is scheduled for a shortly after we leave Coco Cay to head back home, so I hopefully will be able to secure a spot in the internet lounge during draft time, because I would hate to be subjected to the horrors of Autodraft.

Thanks for your concern, D Rock. See you at the draft itself, hopefully.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I get you set up with Ball. We're all here for fun, not gonna hold family stuff against you just to try and gain an advantage.

Legend

User Info Menu

I get you set up with Ball. We're all here for fun, not gonna hold family stuff against you just to try and gain an advantage.
    Cool, thanks. Did you find someone to take Shieky's team?
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Backup

User Info Menu

You're fine - there was an error on my part - I'll add Green as your keeper.

Please stop being a backseat commish at every turn though. It's not as easy to organize a league with 10 guys you don't know and only have limited communication options with as you apparently think it is. I sent you an email from the league yesterday and I believe a PM here as well. Attempts were made to contact you, you just didn't see them.
    I realize that you have limited means of communication. My issue was more that you didn't exactly give us much warning of the deadline. The email from the website came after 9 pm for a deadline three hrs later. A little more time would be appreciated, but it's a dead issue since you handled the problem fairly. So thank you for that.

As for making the other suggestions and you feeling like I am trying to tell you how to do your job --- did you not ask for suggestions/opinions? If you don't want them, or only want those that confirm or agree with rules you've proposed, then why ask in the first place? You can't have it both ways.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RuthlessBurgher View Post
    Cool, thanks. Did you find someone to take Shieky's team?

no luck yet - I've reached out to some friends on facebook. You are all welcome to do the same - we need someone, doesn't matter if they are from PS or not at this point.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I have finalized keepers and set the draft order using random.org - here are the results

1. doodie balls
    2. underachievers
    3. kangaroos
    4. 8-ball
    5. SFTO
    6. psycho
    7. shiek
    8. squirrels
    9. worilds best
    10. sharknado