Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: When Did Sanders Become So Fast?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    The same thing was said about Cortez Allen ... should we be prepared to hear/read that a lot this season? Why just pick on Gay?
    I know you are a long time fan. You've seen WG play. There were numerous times when he was the worst player on the field for either team. The stats speak for themselves (as does the eye test). If he was not on this team it would not be one iota worse off. I pray he's never needed as a full time starter this season.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I have no idea where/how Steeler fans have come to think this guy (even the 2nd time around), is anything to hang your hat on. He is a scrub... sorry, that's the bottom line. (Scrub being figurative; I know that he is an NFL player.)

Arizona signed him one year ago away from us, and a year later decides to waive him? Think about BMcFadden a year or two below. Same pattern. Teams do not get rid of guys they've only signed one-year earlier, if they could play. TBH, I don't know why they'd bring Gay back at all, even as insurance. That's some terrible insurance.

Legend

User Info Menu

Steelers Roethlisberger confident in his receiving group without Mike Wallace

By SteelCityRoller on Jul 30 2013

In a conversation with Solomon Wilcots, Roethlisberger admits Mike Wallace and his speed are not easily replaceable; but his offense will be perfectly fine without him.

It has been a long four months since Mike Wallace took his talents to South Beach, but the Pittsburgh Steelers and their quarterback Ben Roethlisberger are still being asked about him.

Most recently, NFL Network's Solomon Wilcots caught up with Roethlisberger after the team had wrapped up its first padded practice of training camp. During the interview, Wilcots brought up Wallace and asked Roethlisberger what his departure would mean to the offense in 2013.

"You're always going to miss a guy like that - as much a teammate as a friend - but I think the big thing is, we've still got guys here that can make plays. No one is trying to fill Mike Wallace's shoes. They just need to be themselves, and we'll be fine."

While many are quick to dismiss such comments as politically correct displacement regurgitated by highly regarded team leaders when facing such poignant questions, but this isn't the first time Roethlisberger has gone on record as having full confidence in not only his receiving corps, but the entire offense in general.

The world already knows what Antonio Brown is capable of. The Steelers have already exhibited their expectations in Emmanuel Sanders by matching a one-year $2.5 million offer sheet from the New England Patriots for his services. The team re-signed veteran Plaxico Burress, retained the services of Jerricho Cotchery and drafted prospects Markus Wheaton and Justin Brown. Toss in other youngsters David Gilreath, Derek Moye, Kashif Moore and rocket man Reggie Dunn, and a case can be made for the 2013 receiving roster to be one of the team's deepest in recent memory.

It has yet to be seen exactly how much Wallace's departure will affect the Steelers offense, or how his arrival will affect the development of a young offense with his new team, the Miami Dolphins. However, as coordinator Todd Haley and new receivers coach Richard Mann continue to work with their current group and Roethlisberger to produce smoother communication and execution of the offensive gameplan, the team may really be fine without Wallace, who had his worst stat production in Haley's offense since becoming a full-time starter in Pittsburgh.

Whether Roethlisberger was simply being congenial or was truly sincere, the Steelers will need to learn to exist without Wallace's services during training camp if they want to contend for another championship in 2013.

[URL]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/7/30/4570186/steelers-roethlisberger-mike-wallace-receivers-training-camp[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Emmanuel Sanders has stood out during Steelers camp

AUGUST 18, 2013 BY PAUL JACKIEWICZ

According to Jamison Hensley of ESPN.com, Steelers wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders has stood out during training camp so far.

The assumption is Antonio Brown would take over Wallace’s role as the No. 1 receiver. But in my two of days at camp, Emmanuel Sanders was the one who stood out the most. Roethlisberger’s best deep throws went to Sanders, and the quarterback was in a better rhythm with Sanders on crossing routes. This is a big year for Sanders, who will be a free agent after the season.

Sanders looked like the Steelers top receiver last week against the Giants, but quarterback Ben Roethlisberger did tell Steelers.com that Antonio Brown is a number-one guy.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sports/article_external/emmanuel_sanders_has_stood_out_during_steelers_cam p/14317562[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Emmanuel Sanders has stood out during Steelers camp

AUGUST 18, 2013 BY PAUL JACKIEWICZ

According to Jamison Hensley of ESPN.com, Steelers wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders has stood out during training camp so far.

The assumption is Antonio Brown would take over Wallace’s role as the No. 1 receiver. But in my two of days at camp, Emmanuel Sanders was the one who stood out the most. Roethlisberger’s best deep throws went to Sanders, and the quarterback was in a better rhythm with Sanders on crossing routes. This is a big year for Sanders, who will be a free agent after the season.

Sanders looked like the Steelers top receiver last week against the Giants, but quarterback Ben Roethlisberger did tell Steelers.com that Antonio Brown is a number-one guy.

[URL]http://network.yardbarker.com/all_sports/article_external/emmanuel_sanders_has_stood_out_during_steelers_cam p/14317562[/URL]
    I really hope the Steelers resign Sanders before the season starts because I think after the season there will be no way we could afford him. A combination of Brown, Sanders and Wheaton will be as solid as there is going forward for the next several years.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Backup

User Info Menu

Sanders is not going to garner all that in free agency. He is a under 6ft tall, very thin WR. Yes he can run some what fast, but, you know how many guys came out of college who have run under a 4.2 forty, and who were coming off of college careers where they had multiple 1500 Yd receiving seasons with 20 + TD 's ?, and yet still Busted in the pros ?...well the number is too high to count. You have to have good hands, and be durable. Two things Sanders have had issues with. I wanna see a good season out of him, but I have to say, I have my doubts.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    Sanders is not going to garner all that in free agency. He is a under 6ft tall, very thin WR. Yes he can run some what fast, but, you know how many guys came out of college who have run under a 4.2 forty, and who were coming off of college careers where they had multiple 1500 Yd receiving seasons with 20 + TD 's ?, and yet still Busted in the pros ?...well the number is too high to count. You have to have good hands, and be durable. Two things Sanders have had issues with. I wanna see a good season out of him, but I have to say, I have my doubts.
    I'm far less intersted in the 40 time than I am the fact that Sanders runs excellent routes which get him open, has great hands and gets yards after the catch. That all reads a solid #2.

I never said that Sanders was going to get the stupid money the Dolphins wasted on Wallace but he will get a solid mid range WR contract which may be too rich for us given our cap problems.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    I really hope the Steelers resign Sanders before the season starts because I think after the season there will be no way we could afford him. A combination of Brown, Sanders and Wheaton will be as solid as there is going forward for the next several years.
    I agree with you Ovi. Since Sanders rookie year he and Ben have had a special chemistry. The guy has all the tools to be a very good receiver in this league. He is smart, runs great routes, has good hands, and can get some YAC. The only problem I see with Sanders is his ability to stay healthy. If he can stay on the field we should have a very good receiving corp.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

a couple of nice grabs by Sanders so far...

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sedatedsteelerfan View Post
    really? Multiple 1500 yard seasons with 20+ TDs??

Name me ONE player who has done this, and then we will talk about 'too many to count'.

sub 4.2 forty? Again, name ONE and we will talk about it.