Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Adams Sets Sights higher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Mike Adams Sets Sights higher

[url]http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Adams-sets-his-sights-high/6339bc3b-ecc4-4e32-9e45-11b9434200bf[/url]

He prefers to play LT, and maybe he would be the better player between him and Gilbert to play that position. It sure sounds like he's committed to improving his game so we'll find out when the competition begins at training camp.
    Getting solid play from our LT position will be a big plus not only protecting Ben but developing our Line into a strong unit of our team.

Legend

User Info Menu

He just wants to get paid.

Adams is better suited at RT and I prefer Gilby at LT. I wish these guys were more team focused than me focused. We never hear any guys talking team first anymore.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post

Adams is better suited at RT and I prefer Gilby at LT. I wish these guys were more team focused than me focused. We never hear any guys talking team first anymore.
    I hear ya Flip, but Adams did say he is willing to play anywhere he is needed which would help the team. They both want to play that position so it should be better competiton in camp and the preseason to see who is the best candidate. Personally I have no preference, I just want to see a healthy O-line for crying out loud, we haven't had that for what the last three years?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by supersteeler View Post
    I hear ya Flip, but Adams did say he is willing to play anywhere he is needed which would help the team. They both want to play that position so it should be better competiton in camp and the preseason to see who is the best candidate. Personally I have no preference, I just want to see a healthy O-line for crying out loud, we haven't had that for what the last three years?
    True. It was more of the writer talking about LT than Adams. I read too fast to catch that at first. I hate these writers sometimes

Legend

User Info Menu

If he wants to play LT, I'm glad that he is setting his objectives high.

I think that he'll end up at RT and Gilbert at LT, but hopefully they make for interesting competition.

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't care who plays on what side. What I care about is that they are both motivated to battle for the positions and raise their collective performance as a result.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Rookie

User Info Menu

Why in the world does anyone think that Adams is better suited to play RT? What has Gilbert done to show that he can play LT?

It's all just media speculation at this point...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Why in the world does anyone think that Adams is better suited to play RT? What has Gilbert done to show that he can play LT?

It's all just media speculation at this point...
    Exactly. To this point neither one has a grip on that position, when the competition is completed we'll see our future LT, hopefully they can even exceed what Max did here as they develope their skills.
    For once lets see a healthy O-line for a change, the 49ers O-line played the entire season together not missing any playing time thats what I want to see our O-line do.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    The times I've seen Adams play at LT, he looks too slow. But he's been a dominant run blocker the few games he's played RT. I think the kid's got All Pro potential at RT.

Gilbert's weaker at the point of attack. But I like his feet a little better and think he can develop into a solid LT. Not sure he can be great, let alone good. He reminds me a little of Trai Essex with a little more athleticism. The big question for Gilbert is how hard he'll work to be good. I wouldn't be upset if the Steelers drafted another LT in April.

Rookie

User Info Menu

The times I've seen Adams play at LT, he looks too slow. But he's been a dominant run blocker the few games he's played RT. I think the kid's got All Pro potential at RT.

Gilbert's weaker at the point of attack. But I like his feet a little better and think he can develop into a solid LT. Not sure he can be great, let alone good. He reminds me a little of Trai Essex with a little more athleticism. The big question for Gilbert is how hard he'll work to be good. I wouldn't be upset if the Steelers drafted another LT in April.
    I think that Adams has quicker feet than Gilbert...his slowness, IMO, was simply a matter of thinking and then reacting...after a full complement of off season workouts and another training camp, I think he'll be better...