Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A boy named Christine!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

A boy named Christine!

If this cat ever stays healthy he could be one explosive running back. Low center of gravity, power and speed combo. Explosive in the open field. Has had some immaturity issues and was in Kevin Sumlin's doghouse this past year. But who knows??...Maybe one day the light turns on.

For what it's worth, scouts were saying he was the best RB at the East/West Shrine game last week of practice/game.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Interesting Mock Draft Dee.

My Question to you regarding Ansah is that he had 4.5 sacks. Are you not worried about his production at college level?

Also any information on Justin Hunter, WR from Tenn?? What round is he suppose to go? I have seen him go early 2nd Rd.
    Is Justin Hunter another James HArdy or is he next Plex?
    Steelers Draft 2015
    Rd 1: Devante Parker - WR/ Kevin Johnson - CB
    Rd 2: Danielle Hunter -OLB
    Rd 3: Steven Nelson - CB
    Rd 4: Derron Smith - S
    Rd 5: Henry Anderson - DE
    Rd 6: Wes Saxton - TE
    Rd 7: Deon Simon - DT

Starter

User Info Menu

Saw that in the East West thread. There are guys named Christian. That's fairly common. There are guys name Christopher, usually called Chris. But this one?? Scratched my head. Especially a football player.

People change their names often. Can't believe this guy did not. Maybe the name is pronounced Chris-stein rhyming with fine or like Epstein or something.

Anyway regardless, as Dub said he did well and probably upped his draft status. But IMO his name will cost him. I don't see anyone running up to the podium and drafting a Christeen.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Keyplay1 View Post
    Saw that in the East West thread. There are guys named Christian. That's fairly common. There are guys name Christopher, usually called Chris. But this one?? Scratched my head. Especially a football player.

People change their names often. Can't believe this guy did not. Maybe the name is pronounced Chris-stein rhyming with fine or like Epstein or something.

Anyway regardless, as Dub said he did well and probably upped his draft status. But IMO his name will cost him. I don't see anyone running up to the podium and drafting a Christeen.
    He actually pronounces it different. It's Chris-tin.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Michael has a few things working against him. First, his injury history is poor (as noted above). Second, Mayock and others say he is simply awful in blitz pickup (though this can be remedied). Third, and finally, he has attitude problems. The coaching staff at A&M used him sparingly this season reportedly because he did not care for the new offensive system and acted poorly. He was suspended for the SMU game this year for violating team rules. He really did not see the field in their bowl game. He did not earn his coaches trust to execute the game plan, and there are some reports that he pouted over his lack of playing time.

If someone gets through to this kid and he stays healthy, he will be a very good pro.
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post

My Question to you regarding Ansah is that he had 4.5 sacks. Are you not worried about his production at college level?

Also any information on Justin Hunter, WR from Tenn?? What round is he suppose to go? I have seen him go early 2nd Rd.
    Is Justin Hunter another James HArdy or is he next Plex?
    Not concerned about Ansah's sack production. He was asked to do a variety of things in their defense. However, he has only played football for about 3 years.

He will run extremely well at the combine and is likely going to be a top 15 pick. He is having a good Senior Bowl so far as well.

My concern has more to do with his age (24) than his possible production.

Justin Hunter = James Hardy IMO. Give me Cordarelle Patterson over him any day of the week.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Steelers typically stay clear of players with medical red flags like Michael's.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Boy, that kid has serious quickness - jumps off the screen with his rushes. But one of his potential negatives could be a concern, but two of them? (Attitude and injury concerns). IDK. Jimmy Johnson said he will never draft another dumb player, because you can't fix stupid. (Although Leon Lett was no Rhodes Scholar and he still did quite well). When you hear things like this kid pouted over the new offensive system, it makes one immediately question his intelligence. Who doesn't realize that you go along to get along and being ticked over a new system won't get you anywhere and could cost you millions? You have to be pretty stupid to not realize that.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Yes i heard about him watched him at the Shrine game he ran hard and has enough speed and could be a classic 3rd back. He needs to get his head together and they have to look into why the HC benched him.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by grotonsteel View Post

I'll second what BigRob said about Ansah and his low sack total. He played every spot on the D-front this year. What I see as really impressive is even though his sack total was low, he still had 13.5 tackles for loss. What does that tell you? That means he is getting it done versus the run. When I watch youtube clips of him I see him being doubled a lot when he was lineup at NT/DT/DE. And this is versus guards, tackles, and centers. If he is coming off the edge in a 3-4 at worst he'll see a tackle and on occasion be chipped by a TE or RB. That can only help him. He is going to win most one on one battles off the edge. He is extremely quick.

Very raw player though. He is going get better with each year. And when he hits his peak he is going to be a monster.