Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FB Jacob Hester cut in San Diego

Backup

User Info Menu

FB Jacob Hester cut in San Diego

What are your thoughts on the Steelers taking a look at him? From watching him in San Diego, he seems like a good FB?

Legend

User Info Menu

He was also the Chargers special teams captain last year. I'm not sure how he is as a blocker, but the special teams prowess could make him interesting.

Legend

User Info Menu

I would like this
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I dont know any more about him than i do about Will Johnson, our current FB. and WJ caught a 27 yard pass against Carolina which made me happy.
    Guess id like to see what WJ can do
    http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/angryasian07/SIGNATURES/DOS2.jpg
    Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, hear the lamentations of their women.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

He would be an upgrade from WJ... Not to take away from our current #1 FB, JH was leader in college, something my fellow SEC brethren can attest to... And being capt of SD's special teams, it has obviously translated into the pro's. From my recollection he was an asset in run blocking and more so in the pass catching department, but average in pass protection. All that being said, I would assume he would command a higher price tag than WJ.... And we need to save as much $ as possible. I say pass...even though we are a little thin @ FB. I would rather get creative and put Legs in there in goal line packages.

Legend

User Info Menu

i'd perfer a thumper if we were to bring a FB in.

the FB in atlanta got waived (forget his name)

Starter

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    He was also the Chargers special teams captain last year. I'm not sure how he is as a blocker, but the special teams prowess could make him interesting.
    Chargers have been pretty bad on special teams the last couple of years. Two years ago they finished with the #1 offense and the #1 defense and failed to make the playoffs. Lots of blunders on special teams cost them several games.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tiproast View Post
    Chargers have been pretty bad on special teams the last couple of years. Two years ago they finished with the #1 offense and the #1 defense and failed to make the playoffs. Lots of blunders on special teams cost them several games.

Nice bit of insight, Tip. Thanks.

BTW, interesting piece about your boys. Probably more to this than it written. Any more insight ?
    [URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/08/31/jeff-demps-goes-from-fine-to-ir-in-just-24-hours/[/URL]

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post

x2...Ovie might be worth a shot but he has his own injury issues too.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post

I want a thumper too; someone who loves to block and knock people on their wallets. I think JH is more of an over all type of FB, where he gets some carries and passes. I don't think he is one of those guys who is happy just to block all day long. That is not the impression I get of JH.