Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mike Wallace prefers Dolphins' culture over Steelers'

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

yeah, hines was pretty much a leader for a decade from the WR position.

Legend

User Info Menu

Maurkice Pouncey laughed at Wallace saying new team hungrier than old:

"Him & my brother like to talk a little junk. We’ll see on Dec. 8"

28 May 2013

[URL]http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22314723/mike-wallace-on-dolphins-its-a-lot-different-than-where-i-came-from[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Ahh... the obvious choice. Hines Ward. The undersized, overlooked, slow, hard working, scrappy WR. I know I will get slack for this but here I go...

Hines Ward was definitely a leader... but he also held out for more money, called Ben out multiple times, cried to the media anytime they mentioned a big WR.. but he blocked better than anyone in the biz and did all the dirty work that a WR with a ton of physical gifts wouldnt be required to do.

So... I'll give you Ward but thats one WR and the reason you cant name 5 or even 3 is because 95% ofthe NFL WR's in the league arent undersized WR who had to scrap to make the team.

Not trying to knock Hines but I need a few more examples of true #1 WR's. I think Hines is a HOFer but I think he is a Hofer because of his intangables.. blocking, toughness, grit, durability but he is way down the list when speaking of #1's.

List the top 15 WR's. Nope.. dont see it. Steve Smith is the only one that comes to mind but he is the same size as Hines My point, short man complex... lol. I just dont think WR's are built to be leaders. The best WRs are selfish and demand the football.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

no offense, but you're trying to move the goalposts

you said no WR could be a leader, hines was.

I imagine jerry rice and michael irvin fir that description as well. It may be more rare to lead from that position, but it can, and does happen.
    Last edited by Eddie Spaghetti; 05-28-2013 at 09:23 PM.

Legend

User Info Menu

remember all the 'fans' that wanted the steelers to pay him 8, 9, 10, 11+ million a year?
    remember how they said wallace was a great teammate?
    how he wasnt going to be a distraction during the season?
    how he said and did everything the right way?
    how about how they disputed that wallace never said he wanted 11+ per year, but eventually took even more?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

the last one of those is the funniest.

Legend

User Info Menu

uhh. hey Mike, last i checked Miami Dolphins are in the National Football League. Seems having a "college atmosphere" may not be the best way to go about winning in the pros. I suspect it takes a lot more hard work and discipline to win consistently in the NFL than it does in college where the talent is much more unevenly distributed. As the No. 1 WR last season, Mike didn't fair all that well. It will be interesting to find out if that was merely a contract aberration or a trend due to defenses focusing on taking him out of the game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Spaghetti View Post
    no offense, but you're trying to move the goalposts

you said no WR could be a leader, hines was.

I imagine jerry rice and michael irvin fir that description as well. It may be more rare to lead from that position, but it can, and does happen.
    Not really, I said... "WR arent leaders" and "A WR cant be a leader without a good QB "

Do you know how many WRs have played in the NFL? 5K,10K? Hines was once in a lifetime, Rice was the best ever and Im not sure about Irvin.

2 or 3 doesnt change my opinion. I never said "In the history of the NFL.."

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Not really, I said... "WR arent leaders" and "A WR cant be a leader without a good QB "

Do you know how many WRs have played in the NFL? 5K,10K? Hines was once in a lifetime, Rice was the best ever and Im not sure about Irvin.

2 or 3 doesnt change my opinion. I never said "In the history of the NFL.."

although there are exceptions such as Hines Ward and Jerry Rice, I do agree with your basic premise that the best WRs are basically selfish individuals who demand the football and are not natural leaders.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

you said they couldn't be leaders.

they can. I'm done.