Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Steelers blitz OR lack thereof ....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Good to see that more and more fans are seeing that the defense doesn't work anymore and DL doesn't have any answers. His defense is predicated on pressuring the QB into making mistakes and constant pressure. That isn't happening anymore but we see the same defense rolled out every week with no ingenuity which should be easy from a "genius." Something as simple as moving Harrison and Woodley around, switching sides, stacking both on the same side, anything.

I've been saying for thre seasons that the league has DL figured out. Our decreasing sack and INT totals show that the big play defense we once were is now a a pop gun because opponents know exactly what to expect. QBs are no longer uncomfortable because they see exactly what they prepare for. Time for change.
    What in the world are you talking about? Granted the defense started out the year bad but then DL did something you say he can't do. He adjusted to life without Troy and the defense was playing lights out with Will Allen and Ryan Clark as the safety tandem. They were on a streak and arguably playing like the best defense in the league.

Then Troy came back and things started to noticeably decline. Now, do you want DL to sit a healthy former defensive player of the year who is the second highest paid player on the team (I think) while we start a journeyman safety in his spot? Or do you start said star safety and let him play his way back into football shape? I think DL has done a tremendous job with the defense this year. Its probably been one of his greatest seasons as a coach.
    As many on this site think ... The Rooney's suck, Colbert sucks, Tomlin sucks, the coaches suck, and the players suck.

but Go Steelers!!!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ikestops85 View Post
    What in the world are you talking about? Granted the defense started out the year bad but then DL did something you say he can't do. He adjusted to life without Troy and the defense was playing lights out with Will Allen and Ryan Clark as the safety tandem. They were on a streak and arguably playing like the best defense in the league.

Then Troy came back and things started to noticeably decline. Now, do you want DL to sit a healthy former defensive player of the year who is the second highest paid player on the team (I think) while we start a journeyman safety in his spot? Or do you start said star safety and let him play his way back into football shape? I think DL has done a tremendous job with the defense this year. Its probably been one of his greatest seasons as a coach.

Please point out where I said sit the "former defensive player of the year?" Guess I can't read my own typing. Former does mean in the past not the present correct? We are playing these games in the present not the past but I still never suggested sitting a specific player.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"