Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Top reasons I am excited about this season.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thor75 View Post
    Letting Ben be Ben gets you Leftwich and Batch. And how long did Ben hold the ball on the play he got injured?

I also disagree with your sentiment that Haley is the one to blame for the discord early in the season with Ben. I don't think Ben bought into the change like other professionals imo.
    Most professionals don't get a new playbook rammed down their throat like Ben did. Letting Ben be Ben is better than dink-and-dunk. Trying to change him isn't going to work, no matter how badly Art wants it.

BA got a lot of crap for letting Ben do his thing. But I think he got it that it just has to be that way to be successful. Everything I've heard this year points to Haley starting to get it too.
    A lot of fans who complained about the Arians offense did so because it didn't resemble the offense of the early 70's. I thought the Arians offense was good in between the 20's. Where it was weak was in red zones. Too many field goals when there should have been touchdowns. Had there been more TDs then I don't think Art would have been able to fire Arians.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain QB View Post
    I thought the Arians offense was good in between the 20's. Where it was weak was in red zones. Too many field goals when there should have been touchdowns. Had there been more TDs then I don't think Art would have been able to fire Arians.
    this I agree with 100%.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Most professionals don't get a new playbook rammed down their throat like Ben did. Letting Ben be Ben is better than dink-and-dunk. Trying to change him isn't going to work, no matter how badly Art wants it.
    The starting QB had to learn a new playbook because there was a new OC, just like so many others in the league. How you call that "ramming" is a mystery to me. Guess I could use a rosetta stone....

On your other point, I think you underestimate Ben. I think he can win with Haley's system.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    AZ had Warner, Fitz and Boldin after Haley left and didn't make it back to the SB...Ben can be Ben, but that can't be the entire playbook...
    They had a better record the following year and made the playoffs. But they lost to NO at NO and NO was the hot team. AZ wasn't a great team going into the SuperBowl, they just got on a hot streak at the right time. And their offense performed similarly the following year post Haley.

And by Ben being Ben, I mean let him run the plays he likes and wants. Ben didn't seem to be in agreement on the system. And to this point, he's played pretty well and probably knows what works for him better than Haley. It came across last year that Ben didn't really have much input. Maybe that's him being a drama queen again too? I dunno. But it's the vibe he gave off.

Legend

User Info Menu

Letting Ben be Ben gets you Leftwich and Batch. And how long did Ben hold the ball on the play he got injured?

I also disagree with your sentiment that Haley is the one to blame for the discord early in the season with Ben. I don't think Ben bought into the change like other professionals imo.
    I wasn't trying to place the blame on Haley or Ben. No idea who the problem was. But there was definitely discord. And that's a problem that needs to be resolved and why I say the jury is still out on Haley. Ben's won 2 SuperBowls. He's not going anywhere if him and Haley cant work it out. Haley has a track record of being difficult. No matter who's at fault, Haley's gotta make it work because he's not the one that's the key factor in us winning SuperBowls or not.

Backup

User Info Menu

The starting QB had to learn a new playbook because there was a new OC, just like so many others in the league. How you call that "ramming" is a mystery to me. Guess I could use a rosetta stone....

On your other point, I think you underestimate Ben. I think he can win with Haley's system.
    How many OCs have guys like Brady and Peyton Manning gone through? Think those OCs tried to ram a new book down their throats? Did their owners tell them they have to change the way they play? They were treating him as if he were some second-year player that never established himself in the NFL.

I don't underestimate Ben. He did a good job bailing Haley out of bad play calling on third down in the first half of the season.

Legend

User Info Menu

The thought of Crash underestimating Ben is pretty funny.
    Steeler teams featuring stat-driven, me-first, fantasy-football-darling diva types such as Antonio Brown & Le'Veon Bell won no championships.

Super Bowl winning Steeler teams were built around a dynamic, in-your-face defense plus blue-collar, hard-hitting, no-nonsense football players on offense such as Hines Ward & Jerome Bettis.

We don't want Juju & Conner to replace what we lost in Brown & Bell.

We are counting on Juju & Conner to return us to the glory we once had with Hines & The Bus.

Legend

User Info Menu

How many OCs have guys like Brady and Peyton Manning gone through? Think those OCs tried to ram a new book down their throats? Did their owners tell them they have to change the way they play? They were treating him as if he were some second-year player that never established himself in the NFL.

I don't underestimate Ben. He did a good job bailing Haley out of bad play calling on third down in the first half of the season.
    You sure sound like someone that has been kicked out of here before

Molon labe

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

?We're not going to apologize for winning.?
    Mike Tomlin

American metal pimped by asiansteel
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you 1. Jesus Christ, 2.The American G.I., One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fordfixer View Post
    You sure sound like someone that has been kicked out of here before
    You sure sound like someone who has told me that before. Funny how the topic always changes to someone who was apparently banned. Kind of a childish way to carry on a conversation, don't you think?

Backup

User Info Menu

Ben has already stated that he and Haley have had discussions on the scheme this offseason. I think this year we will see some new wrinkles and more longer throws from Ben... Ben was on track to have one of his best seasons before he got hurt. Unlike last year, if they can get the running game cranking, it will help open up the down field passing game. I'd like to see Ben live to play more than just a couple of more years...