Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anti Steeler bias.....stop being ridiculous, you sound irrational

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    If you don't think that games are fixed on the level of certain officials, you are beyond naive. Anyone remember the Troy fumble return that would have made Pgh cover the spread vs. San Diego a few years ago? They inexplicably claimed he did not score a TD and it made SD cover, which was a $9 million switch in Vegas bets alone. SD did a backwards lateral, Troy picked it up and ran in the end zone but the refs simply said, "No TD" even though there was zero rational for that decision. It was as dirty as I have ever seen. If you don't realize the world is full of conspiracies, you just have no idea re: the truth of the world. I have to look no further than my home owners association to see conspiracies happen all over the place.
    As the only one to this point of the thread dismissive of conspiracies I could rightly believe that your point is directed at me. If not directed at me to whom?
    Last edited by Captain Lemming; 11-13-2012 at 01:21 PM.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    As the only one to this point of the thread dismissive of conspiracies I could rightly believe that your point is directed at me. If not directed at me to whom?
    It really was directed to people in general. Everyone is so pre-programmed to say, "I'm no conspiracy theorist" as if there aren't legit conspiracies all over the place, including those that involve fixing sporting events. Give me a break. But my other point was AGREEING with you that shady calls vs. Pgh are more likely related to a fix than it is likely to be part of a hatred for the Steelers. And when I brought up a specific example of a likely fix, no one even bothered to respond.

Rookie

User Info Menu

And when I brought up a specific example of a likely fix, no one even bothered to respond.
    Because we have different definitions of the word, "likely"...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post
    Slapstick thanks for the support but Lloydroid is absolutely correct. I should have never called him a genius, so this is my fault.

I apologize LD for calling you a genius. I KNOWINGLY wrote it with no basis whatsoever. That is so wrong. Nothing you wrote in this thread justifies me giving you such a label. I should have never done it and I am ashamed that I called you a genius. It will not happen again my Steeler brother. Can we start fresh and forget I ever said it?

(come on dude have a little fun, this stuff aint serious)
    Obviously, your usage of "genius" was in a sarcastic manner, meaning the person being called a "genius" is actually not any where close to being smart. And, yea, I know you know that. And, I agree, this stuff isn't serious. You took a jab at me, and I jabbed back. My only gripe are those who don't acknowledge the initial jab, but only the return jab. That's LAME and intellectually dishonest.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Because we have different definitions of the word, "likely"...
    Do you recall the game I referenced? There is no legit explanation for them calling back that TD. None. It was so obvious that it was a TD and they even reviewed, only to offer no legit reason why it wasn't a TD and the Vegas bookies alone made $9 million on that call.

Legend

User Info Menu

It really was directed to people in general. Everyone is so pre-programmed to say, "I'm no conspiracy theorist" as if there aren't legit conspiracies all over the place, including those that involve fixing sporting events. Give me a break. But my other point was AGREEING with you that shady calls vs. Pgh are more likely related to a fix than it is likely to be part of a hatred for the Steelers. And when I brought up a specific example of a likely fix, no one even bothered to respond.
    OK LD I see what you're saying.

In view of the fact that Mike Tomlin has matched Cowhers record I give him the designation:

TCFCLTC-
    The Coach Formerly Considered Less Than Cowher

Legend

User Info Menu

Do you recall the game I referenced? There is no legit explanation for them calling back that TD. None. It was so obvious that it was a TD and they even reviewed, only to offer no legit reason why it wasn't a TD and the Vegas bookies alone made $9 million on that call.
    I'll never forget that play and I bring it up anytime a person scoffs at a conspiracy in sports. Sports are popular because they are entertainment... but everyone knows the real reason they exist and are so popular is due to betting.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    I'll never forget that play and I bring it up anytime a person scoffs at a conspiracy in sports. Sports are popular because they are entertainment... but everyone knows the real reason they exist and are so popular is due to betting.
    Thank you, Felt, there is no way to explain how that call could possible go that way other than the fix was in. It is mind boggling. It was so bad that even the mainstream media had to not totally ignore it. They were forced to address it just a little, and then, of course, it disappeared into the mist from that time on. That was so blatant. I have seen other games that appeared nearly as obvious as that one as well.

Legend

User Info Menu

Obviously, your usage of "genius" was in a sarcastic manner
    If someone calls me a genius (even sarcastically), I'll gladly take it as a compliment and smile.