Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ike Taylor blasts Stephen A. Smith over his comments

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Well...probably not Skip Bayless...
    Skip makes more bold, accurate predictions than any sport commentator I know of. He predicted the exact # of wins Tebow would pull down when he because starter. He predicted Tebow would become the starter. He makes accurate predictions all the time.

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by lloydroid View Post
    Skip makes more bold, accurate predictions than any sport commentator I know of. He predicted the exact # of wins Tebow would pull down when he because starter. He predicted Tebow would become the starter. He makes accurate predictions all the time.
    Skip might make bold predictions, but his predictions aren't any more accurate than the hundreds of other journalists, bloggers, commentators or pundits that make bold predictions as well...

Skip is almost as annoying as Mark Madden....full of sound yet signifying nothing...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Skip might make bold predictions, but his predictions aren't any more accurate than the hundreds of other journalists, bloggers, commentators or pundits that make bold predictions as well...

Skip is almost as annoying as Mark Madden....full of sound yet signifying nothing...
    Not true. He doesn't take the route that 90% of the media take - he is original.

Legend

User Info Menu

Here is Stephen A Smith's response to Ike's response (start at the bottom and work your way up):

7 Sep Stephen A Smith‏@stephenasmith

Good luck this weekend. And especially the next........once you may possibly face Tebow again.

p Stephen A Smith‏@stephenasmith

Respectfully, STEPHEN A!

That's just the way it's going to be. All you have to do to prevent it is BALL.......like most of your teammates were, and usually, do.

Like that again, YOU ARE GOING TO HEAR ABOUT IT. On TV. On Radio. In Print. In the Locker room. In your home. In the streets. EVERYWHERE.

Use "Banishment" or anything like that again. But if you ever left a no-passing-skills Tebow -- or anyone who even looks like him -- shred u

Again @Ike_SwagginU, the respect is here. So is the sincere appreciation for your position, taking care of your family, etc. So I will NEVER

Your job is to PLAY. My job is to CRITIQUE how you play. You're blessed to do what you, as am I. I'm not complaining about it, so why are U?

Heartbeat when you do something good. But if you're ever perform that GOD-AWFUL again, I'm going to call it like I see it.

It was just one game @Ike_SwagginU. I totally get that. It shouldn't - and won't -- define you. Please know that I will compliment you in a

Don't love is an otherwise quality CB ending his season with one of the most HORRIFIC performances I've ever seen from a CB in NFL HISTORY.

Anything you felt the need to deal with today. I love the Steelers. I love what coach Mike Tomlin and the Steelers organization reps. What I

However, @Ike_SwagginU that had you put as much effort and hostility in not making Tebow look like Joe Montana, you wouldn't have to deal w/

Will continue to do for as long as I'm being PAID to do it. If you have a problem with that, I have no idea what to tell you. May I suggest

Understand that critiquing your performance is part of what I do for a living. It's what I have done, it's what I did today and it's what I

Word. For that I apologize if it was misconstrued. But be clear @Ike_SwagginU, that's the only damn thing I'm apologizing for. You need to

6:15 PM - 7 Sep 12 ยท Details

Was only playing about. I always in favor of any athlete getting paid, and in no way did I mean to come across as serious when I used that

Yo @Ike_SwagginU, let me try and break this down to you, Bruh: In no way was I serious when I talked of "banishment" for you. THAT PART I

I've just been alerted that Ike Taylor had a few words for me. I'm tied up for the next hour. But I will respond by 9pm EST. Count on it!

[url]https://twitter.com/#!/stephenasmith[/url]
    Last edited by SteelCrazy; 09-08-2012 at 08:25 PM.
    2019 Mock

1. ILB
    2. CB
    3. ILB
    4. S
    5. CB
    6. ILB
    7. S

Rookie

User Info Menu

So, it's Smith's job to "critique" Ike's performance...8 months later?!?!?

You can hide behind the "It's my job argument" in the days and weeks after the event...but to be flatout insulting more than half-a-year later is just being a jagoff...

Legend

User Info Menu

So, it's Smith's job to "critique" Ike's performance...8 months later?!?!?

You can hide behind the "It's my job argument" in the days and weeks after the event...but to be flatout insulting more than half-a-year later is just being a jagoff...
    The last play of Ike's career he was burned badly... if Ike shut down his WR and had a game winning INT return for a TD and SAS called him a HOFer it would be nothing but love...

Rookie

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    The last play of Ike's career he was burned badly... if Ike shut down his WR and had a game winning INT return for a TD and SAS called him a HOFer it would be nothing but love...
    SAS wouldn't even have mentioned him...he would have picked someone else to spout off about eight months after the fact...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We definitely should have kept our safeties back. I mean the broncos only averaged, what, 259 yards rushing per game. And tebow was completing an amazing 4/22 of his passes! The gameplan should have definitely been to stop the prolific tim "bomberman" tebow!

Legend

User Info Menu

The only problem was Ike didn't make the tackle. Ike almost always makes the tackle. He's one of the best tackling CBs in the league. He got stiff armed by a big dude and had no support over the top.

Lebeau hung him out to dry. The way Ike played it, it looked like he should have had some help from the inside but he didn't.

So it was a combo of things. Ike either played it wrong, it was a bad call, someone was out of position to help, and Ike missed a tackle. By my count that's 4 bad things and odds are they all don't happen at the same time on most plays. A little bad fortune.

If all 4 mistakes don't come together, we probably play to the next play. It's all over, now we've got to wait another half year to get #7 instead of working on #8.

Legend

User Info Menu

IKE will be lucky if SAS only rips him for his pathetic play instead of that and his inability to spell, write or use proper grammar............wow