Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It all went so bad so fast....

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    How bout we just ride Hoyer to the SuperBowl?
    Works for me!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    How bout we just ride Hoyer to the SuperBowl?
    Now I've seen everything

Starter

User Info Menu

I remember a couple years ago, someone on here made a comment like, 'we seem to do better when the odds are against us' or there is adversity or something to that effect. I believe it was in response to Ben's suspension and some other crap, Stonio maybe. Just today I was thinking about the fuss over the Packers sneaking into the playoffs, with help, at 10-6 only to win the Super Bowl. The media ranted on and on about how they had to overcome soooooo many injuries in order to do so. Sure there is adversity now but isnt it possible we get everyone back, healthy and rested, just in time for the playoffs, should we happen to sneak in. Deebo seems to be getting stronger and Woodley is showing signs of coming on. Keenan is playing almost like a Pro Bowler, which I think he predicted. Sushi has only missed one FG and that was JUST out of his range.

This is where we see adversity bring the best out of our guys. This will be Ben's best comeback yet. And we will all be proud to be Steeler fans. I will enjoy watching them even if they dont win the Super Bowl, but I think they just might.

BTW, not that it means a whole lot, but I heard Colin Cowherd say today that the Steelers were 4th best team in the league. Said they are built for the playoffs and in any one game could beat anyone. I thought that was encouraging, a little surprising to hear from a national guy, and fairly accurate.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by winwithd View Post
    I remember a couple years ago, someone on here made a comment like, 'we seem to do better when the odds are against us' or there is adversity or something to that effect. I believe it was in response to Ben's suspension and some other crap, Stonio maybe. Just today I was thinking about the fuss over the Packers sneaking into the playoffs, with help, at 10-6 only to win the Super Bowl. The media ranted on and on about how they had to overcome soooooo many injuries in order to do so. Sure there is adversity now but isnt it possible we get everyone back, healthy and rested, just in time for the playoffs, should we happen to sneak in. Deebo seems to be getting stronger and Woodley is showing signs of coming on. Keenan is playing almost like a Pro Bowler, which I think he predicted. Sushi has only missed one FG and that was JUST out of his range.

This is where we see adversity bring the best out of our guys. This will be Ben's best comeback yet. And we will all be proud to be Steeler fans. I will enjoy watching them even if they dont win the Super Bowl, but I think they just might.

BTW, not that it means a whole lot, but I heard Colin Cowherd say today that the Steelers were 4th best team in the league. Said they are built for the playoffs and in any one game could beat anyone. I thought that was encouraging, a little surprising to hear from a national guy, and fairly accurate.
    There is facing adversity and overcoming it and then there is facing Armageddon. We're not quite at the latter yet, but we are beyond mere adversity and anymore injuries to starters and we'll be real close to the season slipping through our fingertips. I think the Browns will give us fits this weekend and IMO it is a coin toss who wins.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

The idea that the Steelers get everyone back by the playoffs and all will be well is wishful at best. The players often talk how the playoffs are a whole other level in speed and hits. Look how long it has taken Harrison to get in game shape and Mendenhall didn't look like Mendenhall last week. The reality is the team might be fielding all its stars, but it would be in looks only. Troy won't be Troy over night. AB might be a gimp. And I don't even want to know how Ben might look...

Just me tryin' to be real....