Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Watching the 9ers, Seahawks, Panthers' D......

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by pfelix73 View Post
    Disagree 110%. LeBeau is the best DC out there. I don't care how old he is. There are 80 something CEO's out there running multi billion dollar companies and they are just as or even more efficient as your 40 somethings.....You think letting a younger Butler run the defense will automatically make the players run faster and quicker?
    This is the second time someone has posted the 80 year old CEO defense. How many 80 year olds run around with 20 year old gifted athletes on a daily basis?

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Lemming View Post

Do you really think the coordinators are the difference between those defenses and ours?
    I think so... DL is a genius but even geniuses get old and need to sit down somewhere. Lake was brought in and most DB's say he has made it much easier to understand their roles in this defense. IMO it's because he is younger and he has a better understanding of the way college aged/young rookies process information.

Those other defenses are probably less complex and most of them have players facing the QB and coming up and blasting opponents while are guys are trying to remember all those damn assignments while chasing WR's with their backs to the QB. It's the reason Tebow looks like a star against us while looking like absolute trash vs New England.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

board meetings are very stressful
    Even if Bill Belichick was getting an atomic wedgie, his face would look exactly the same.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelblood View Post
    board meetings are very stressful
    yeah.. most of them go like this:

"Profits are down, shareholders are angry... We regret to inform you that we have to let you go with a 30 million dollar parachute and 3 mill in stocks."

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    yeah.. most of them go like this:

"Profits are down, shareholders are angry... We regret to inform you that we have to let you go with a 30 million dollar parachute and 3 mill in stocks."
    That sounds exactly like no board meeting I've ever been in.

DL seems to have plenty of spunk to keep up with the kids. Dan Rooney, on the other hand...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    This is the second time someone has posted the 80 year old CEO defense. How many 80 year olds run around with 20 year old gifted athletes on a daily basis?
    Almost none. That is the point, I am pretty sure.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post

DL seems to have plenty of spunk to keep up with the kids. Dan Rooney, on the other hand...
    It was a joke...

but seriously, I truly wonder if Lebeau's method is confusing our players or slowing down their development.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post

I do not believe Dan is in a roll where he does much more than mentor. He is not handling day-to-day operations, as his stint in Ireland would indicate. It's not just DL's energy I worry about; it's the fact that 75-year olds are not usually on the cutting edge. Their procedures and practices are generally behind the times. I believe the Steelers' 3-4, zone blitzing schemes confuse no one anymore, but an old guy will just keep doing what he knows. That is a major problem and you end up with a D that is in the bottom half of scoring, which they are at 19. Not good enough. Under Leboo's direction, we see Troy out of position in so many deep passing plays. It's just not working and it's under DL's watch. Period.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    I do not believe Dan is in a roll where he does much more than mentor. He is not handling day-to-day operations, as his stint in Ireland would indicate. It's not just DL's energy I worry about; it's the fact that 75-year olds are not usually on the cutting edge. Their procedures and practices are generally behind the times. I believe the Steelers' 3-4, zone blitzing schemes confuse no one anymore, but an old guy will just keep doing what he knows. That is a major problem and you end up with a D that is in the bottom half of scoring, which they are at 19. Not good enough. Under Leboo's direction, we see Troy out of position in so many deep passing plays. It's just not working and it's under DL's watch. Period.
    Yes to this. It is clear we fool no one. Like I have said many times, as a fan who watches every game which of you can't guess with 80% certainty who is rushing on any given play? If we know it what do you think the professionals know?

Troy is no longer the Troy of 5 years ago. You can't have him running all over the field out of position. His last great year with INTs was 2010 with 7. It is not a coincidence with him running all over the place and essentially being a key reason why we were one of the worst teams in the league for giving up long plays.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sick beats View Post
    OK, first, I was having some fun using Dan because of the geriatric talk. It doesn't matter if he's 80 or 20 years old, LeBeau is judged on his performance every year and I'm sure was again this year in his performance reviews. It's funny how when the D leads the league in scoring D it's not a true indicator, but when they drop? Oh noes!!