Thread: Norv Turner: Reports of my demise won’t affect our preparations

Legend

User Info Menu

Norv Turner: Reports of my demise won’t affect our preparations

Norv Turner: Reports of my demise won’t affect our preparations

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 7, 2012

Thursday’s report that the Chargers will fire head coach Norv Turner at the end of the season hasn’t affected his team’s preparation for Sunday’s game against the Steelers, Turner says.

Turner said that he was back at the office early this morning, about 12 hours after the report surfaced that his goose was cooked. And Turner said he was pleased to see that plenty of his players and coaches are putting in just as much time as he is.

“The one thing I always feel good about, I got here at 5:30 in the morning and there were guys in the weight room, there were guys in the training room, there were guys already in meeting rooms watching tape,” Turner told reporters today. “Our meeting started yesterday at 7, everyone was here. At 8, we had a team meeting, started our normal Thursday work, and our guys were here until 4:30 or 5 in the afternoon. Any of the reports haven’t affected them, and that’s what I care about. They’re getting ready to go and play their best and give themselves a chance to win in Pittsburgh.”

Turner also credited his assistants for working hard until the end.

“It’s an outstanding staff, and I think they’ve done an outstanding job for this football team,” Turner said.

That may be true. But next year, those coaches will be doing an outstanding job for some other football team. Turner may be continuing to prepare, and Chargers owner Dean Spanos may deny that he has already decided to fire Turner and General Manager A.J. Smith, but no one seriously believes there’s a chance that Turner will be back in San Diego beyond the final four games of the season.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/07/norv-turner-reports-of-my-demise-wont-affect-our-preparations/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Backup

User Info Menu

Hopefully the Steelers give the SD management another reason to fire him....

Legend

User Info Menu

I don't like seeing this article. I wish the report was SD has mailed it in.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by flippy View Post
    I don't like seeing this article. I wish the report was SD has mailed it in.
    Agreed. Knowing that Norv is getting the axe might be motivation for the SD players to give it their best effort. "Norv's done? Alright! Let's go hit somebody!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

I think it's important that Pgh jumps out front quickly, to make the Chargers think, "Oh here we go again. Another loss."

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The Steelers will want to jump out early to show that Ben is just fine and once that happens and the team is up 10-0, 14-0 then i would expect the Chargers to quit. Rivers is prone to making big mistakes when under pressure and with the Chargers playing without at least 2 starting OL the Steelers should be able to create short fields for their offense. I fully expect the Steelers to get up early and then be able to sit Ben sometime during the 4th quarter.
    <a href=http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6946&dateline=1338146203 target=_blank>http://www.planetsteelers.com/forums...ine=1338146203</a>

Legend

User Info Menu

We need to pound Rivers into the turf early and often. He will "quit" by the end of the second quarter. Pressure him and he will chuck the ball to anyone.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"