Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jason Worlids next man up

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    James Harrison did.
    He expected to be better and was. I hope Worilds expects to be better than Harrison and is.

Pappy

1.20 -
    2.51 -
    3.84 -
    3.98 -
    4.119 -
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BradshawsHairdresser View Post
    James Harrison did.
    And Worilds expects to be James Harrison.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    And Worilds expects to be James Harrison.
    Does he?? The Steelers fortune would be incredibly good if he ends up that good. Even if he is "only" as good as Porter was, that's still really good.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar View Post
    Does he?? The Steelers fortune would be incredibly good if he ends up that good. Even if he is "only" as good as Porter was, that's still really good.
    Let's hope! I'm using BradshawsHairdresser crystal ball & being sarcastic. The point is nobody knows what's on the bench until it is your turn to eat. Harrison sat behind Porter...Worilds sat behind Harrison.

Backup

User Info Menu

If Worilds is moved to Woodley's side he'll get 10 sacks.

If the Steelers bring Harrison back after interest has waned? Worilds should be cut.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Siggy00 View Post
    If Worilds is moved to Woodley's side he'll get 10 sacks.

If the Steelers bring Harrison back after interest has waned? Worilds should be cut.

Solid: You're projecting a guy to have to ten sacks, and you would consider cutting that guy?

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Gus View Post
    Solid: You're projecting a guy to have to ten sacks, and you would consider cutting that guy?
    Pretty sure his intent is that if the Steelers feel like they NEED Harrison back and play him in front of Worilds, that Worilds should be cut...meaning, the Steelers don't trust Worilds enough to play him, so cut him.
    @_Hellgrammite

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Pittsburgh View Post
    Pretty sure his intent is that if the Steelers feel like they NEED Harrison back and play him in front of Worilds, that Worilds should be cut...meaning, the Steelers don't trust Worilds enough to play him, so cut him.
    See class? Some around here can use their brains.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JUST-PLAIN-NASTY View Post
    Let's hope! I'm using BradshawsHairdresser crystal ball & being sarcastic. The point is nobody knows what's on the bench until it is your turn to eat. Harrison sat behind Porter...Worilds sat behind Harrison.
    Here is a fact:

James Harrison had less of an impact on the field prior to taking over for Joey Porter than Worilds does for taking over for James Harrison.

Harrison - [url]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/6314/index.html[/url]

Worilds - [url]http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/players/24027/index.html[/url]

Harrison was also 3 years older when he took over the starting spot. I'm pretty comfortable with Worilds abilities. But I'm not super comfortable with his ability to stay healthy.

That is why we should sign Victor Butler.
    Here comes the BOOM!

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    It took Harrison like 6-7 years, but everyone wants to forget that and expect immediate Pro Bowl status out of young player or they can't play. Get them on the field and they will either get better or we will know they can't and go to next man up.
    That's the problem. This team is FAIL in terms of getting younger defenders on the field, and I am so sick of it I want to barf, right on Dick's sneakers.