Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ben was Huge for 3 Quarters

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Ben has 2 Super Bowl rings. Palmer has none. Ben is a better QB. Fact.
    Ike Taylor has 2 Super Bowl rings too so that means he is better than Reavis?

Of course Ben is better than Palmer.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by stopplayn View Post
    I never said Ben didnt play well. He did. But he isnt blameless either. I dont get how Ben could play so poorly in SB 40 BUT still get credit for the SB win.
    Now he plays well but is not blameworthy in a loss. How does that work?

Ben had the ball with 6 minutes to play and he came up short. Carson didnt and why? Because he scored points late and won.

Tomlin goes for it on 4th and Ben has a 1st down.
    1st and 10- Ben is sacked with his checkdown Redman open in plain view
    2nd and 15- Ben a short pass to Heath
    3rd and 9- Ben overthrows Wallace

No blame? If you guys say so
    I don't think I've read ANY rational Steeler fan said Ben played well in that SB. The entire team got credit for the win, not just Ben. Losses should also be given to the entire team, as is this one. But to say the defense played better than the offense today is just ridiculous.

You could argue our offense had too many turnovers OR you could say their defense stepped up and made plays when they needed made. Just like you could say Palmer stepped up in the 4th quarter and made plays when he needed to OR our defense didn't. It can be looked at either way. You say Carson made plays and Ben didn't. Fine, but if OUR defense would have played better, Carson would NOT have been able to score those points. You can't have it both ways.....

Backup

User Info Menu

No they dont say he played well (how can they) however I'm sure you have heard many Steeler fans say (Ben has 2 SBs). Dont you see the hypocrisy? Ben get credit for a win while playing putrid but you dont want to give him blame when he plays well and we lose. How does that work? Palmer put up 17 points in the 4th but you want to blame our D for that instead of give Palmer credit. If Ben scored 17 in the 4th and we won would you be saying "Their D sucks" or would you be saying "Ben was clutch and won the game". I assume you would say the latter. Ben gets credit for wins but no blame for losses. I didnt say the defense played better than the offense TODAY. I said they play well more consistently than our offense.

You are judging our defense without considering that they werent at full strength. If the Mother and Father are absent from the family dont you think that family would be affected?

Legend

User Info Menu

Ben had a higher QB rating, a higher QBR, less int's, more yards by 175, a higher average per throw, but yeah, he got out played. Take your sh!tty agenda elsewhere.

Legend

User Info Menu

The offense or defense didn't step up in crunch time. The games don't get any easier.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Ben had a higher QB rating, a higher QBR, less int's, more yards by 175, a higher average per throw, but yeah, he got out played. Take your sh!tty agenda elsewhere.
    If Carson scores 17 points in the 4th and Ben scores 0 then Thats not outplayed?

I wonder if Ben scores 17 in the 4th and Palmer 0 would you say that Palmer outplayed Ben If he led in all those misleading stats? Some how I doubt it

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BURGH86STEEL View Post
    The offense or defense didn't step up in crunch time. The games don't get any easier.
    Accurate post.

Legend

User Info Menu

The Raiders offense had the ball the equivalent of one quarter of football less than the Steelers offense. To even suggest this loss was on the offense is laughable.
    I just wonder if LeBeau is still trying to figure out what kind of defense he can put on the field without Troy. Seems he has been shuffling pieces, but still hasn't found a consistent answer.

Backup

User Info Menu

I completely disagree. Ben was huge today. A bright spot in a mistake filled effort from many.....but not Ben. The 4th qrt he was 3 for 4 ? Sacked once and hurried three time...and I think Colin was called for holding. AB fumbled their best drive away. This game was lost because of two turnovers. Abysmal defense and WAY to many penalties.

You are entitled to your opinion sir, but I disagree.
    [URL="http://famousfatdave.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/GodfatherIIClemenza.jpg"][/URL]

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Ryan Mundy is not the answer. He's getting beat as if he likes it, all over the field. They'd be better off playing an extra corner, Cortez or Curtis. Just IMO.