Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Keenan Lewis is developing into a top-notch CB

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Keenan Ivory is gonna cost some $$$ to keep around after this year.

Legend

User Info Menu

Lewis has a great game with the exception being that one (legit) PI penalty. The other was a truly beautiful play and a series of other nice plays both in coverage and in run support.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steeler_fan_in_t.o. View Post
    Lewis has a great game with the exception being that one (legit) PI penalty. The other was a truly beautiful play and a series of other nice plays both in coverage and in run support.
    That was a fabulous play. Really a shame that call got made. Took away from the credibility of the game.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    As for Lewis being elite or not, an elite corner would have made the pick on the ball that hit him in the chest in TN. Lewis has played very well - he had great games against the Bengals and Washington - but that play may come back to haunt the Steelers at the end of the season.
    An elite player doesn't make every play...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    An elite player doesn't make every play...
    no, but if Keenan Lewis wants to see his prediction of going to the Pro Bowl come true he needs to make that play...
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    no, but if Keenan Lewis wants to see his prediction of going to the Pro Bowl come true he needs to make that play...
    Picky bastard.

The people that are trying to make the world worse never take a day off, why should I?

Light up the darkness.

2024 Draft
    1. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB
    2. Sedrick Van Pran-Grainger OC
    3. Devontez Walker WR
    3. Maason Smith DT
    4. Matt Goncalves OT
    6. Trevin Wallace ILB
    7. AJ Barner TE

Legend

User Info Menu

Post-Giants thoughts

SUNDAY, NOVEMBER 04, 2012

The Steelers didn't necessarily need a signature victory at this point in the season, but they got one Sunday against the Giants.

By beating the defending Super Bowl champions on the road, the Steelers announced their presence with authority to the rest of the NFL.

The Steelers are a team to be reckoned with.

And the Steelers didn't just win this game; they dominated it.

Holding that offense to 182 total yards and 13 points is the kind of effort you can hang your hat on.

If not for some questionable defensive penalties - a pass interference on Keenan Lewis and a supposed helmet-to-helmet hit call on Ryan Clark in the end zone - the Steelers would have given up less than that.

More importantly, the Giants had three possessions in the fourth quarter and went three-and-out in all three.

@ Speaking of Keenan Lewis, he played yet another outstanding game.

Everyone has been talking about who the Steelers need to re-sign this offseason as they head into free agency.

Lewis might now be at the top of that list.

[URL]http://www.observer-reporter.com/or/sidelines/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

My IT guy...
    Hahahahahahaha

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Keenan Lewis has 15 passes broken up after 8 games.

If he keeps that pace and gets to 30, he should make the probowl even without high INT numbers.

Revis had 31 in 2009. Other than that, the next highest number was 27 by Sheldon Brown back in 2005, and a few people with 24 and 25 scattered in throughout those years.

Legend

User Info Menu

The defense played well, but Eli is the type of quarterback that the Steelers defend better than any other. He isn't a check down, 3 or 5 step drop and get rid of it quarterback, like Brees and Rogers. Brees and Rogers would in all likelihood have pretty good days against this defense. Ryan, Flacco, Manning (Eli), Shaub (for the most part), even Brady and others that don't get rid of the ball within 3 seconds or less are the quarterbacks that the Steeler defense can feast on. The quarterbacks that get a good pre-snap read, take 3-5 step drop and get the ball out of their hands are the ones that cause the Steeler defense the most trouble. Unfortunately, those are the guys that they will have to defend in the playoffs (well, maybe not Brees, but I think the Saints will get in).

I'm still not sold on the defense as reliable to hold a lead. The offense needs to continue to dominate the time of possession (even if they aren't scoring a boatload of points) to keep the defense off the field as much as possible and give the opponent a long field, where long drives are necessary and mistakes may be made.

Pappy

1.20 - JC Latham, OT, Alabama
    2.51 - Xavier leggette, WR, South Carolina
    3.84 - Sedrick Van-Pran Granger, OC, Georgia
    3.98 - Andru Phillips, CB, Kentucky
    4.119 - Maason Smith, DT, LSU
    7.178 -
    7.195 -

"Football is a physical game, well, it used to be anyways" - Mel Blount

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by papillon View Post
    The defense played well, but Eli is the type of quarterback that the Steelers defend better than any other. He isn't a check down, 3 or 5 step drop and get rid of it quarterback, like Brees and Rogers. Brees and Rogers would in all likelihood have pretty good days against this defense. Ryan, Flacco, Manning (Eli), Shaub (for the most part), even Brady and others that don't get rid of the ball within 3 seconds or less are the quarterbacks that the Steeler defense can feast on. The quarterbacks that get a good pre-snap read, take 3-5 step drop and get the ball out of their hands are the ones that cause the Steeler defense the most trouble. Unfortunately, those are the guys that they will have to defend in the playoffs (well, maybe not Brees, but I think the Saints will get in).

I'm still not sold on the defense as reliable to hold a lead. The offense needs to continue to dominate the time of possession (even if they aren't scoring a boatload of points) to keep the defense off the field as much as possible and give the opponent a long field, where long drives are necessary and mistakes may be made.

Pappy
    I would tend to agree with what you are saying. Unless we consistently get to the QB we will have problems.
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"