Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: PFT: Brown Confronts Haley on Sideline

Legend

User Info Menu

I am not as convinced as some that Ben is being hamstrung by his OC. Ben has options to audible, Ben has outlets on most passes. HE is the one making the reads and choices. As others have pointed out, there were passes left on the field in Cinci and for whatever reason, Roethlisberger didn't see or ignored them.
    The odd thing is if Ben is choosing to sabotage the O to spite the OC or FO, then he is as much a part of the problem as Wallace was last season.

Legend

User Info Menu

So Peyton makes Demarion's Thomas look better. A 6-3 230 LB 1st round draft pick that tore apart our team in the playoffs with Tim friggin tebow throwing him the ball. Yeah, he's talentless

I guess he also makes Wes welker better too. Never heard of the guy before he became a bronco. Maybe he'll make his first pro bowl this season then. LLol
    harrison, Wayne, Clark. All bottom of the scrap heap type of guys like Paulson, wil and David Johnson.
    ThAt pey pey sure is a miracle worker

I'd like to see one yeAr where Ben has as good as weapons as Peyton has had his entire career. Just look at last year for example. Our defense was #1 (again) and out offense struggled and when the draft came around we chose a LB with offensive weapons like eifert, Hopkins, and Patterson on the board.

The broncos. Already with a potent offense. Somehow fail to re sign a key defender and lose dumervil (some saying on purpose). With the money saved you think they would go fortify an average defense... Nope, they go out and sign the best slot receiver in the game

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NJ-STEELER View Post
    So Peyton makes Demarion's Thomas look better. A 6-3 230 LB 1st round draft pick that tore apart our team in the playoffs with Tim friggin tebow throwing him the ball. Yeah, he's talentless

I guess he also makes Wes welker better too. Never heard of the guy before he became a bronco. Maybe he'll make his first pro bowl this season then. LLol
    harrison, Wayne, Clark. All bottom of the scrap heap type of guys like Paulson, wil and David Johnson.
    ThAt pey pey sure is a miracle worker

I'd like to see one yeAr where Ben has as good as weapons as Peyton has had his entire career. Just look at last year for example. Our defense was #1 (again) and out offense struggled and when the draft came around we chose a LB with offensive weapons like eifert, Hopkins, and Patterson on the board.

The broncos. Already with a potent offense. Somehow fail to re sign a key defender and lose dumervil (some saying on purpose). With the money saved you think they would go fortify an average defense... Nope, they go out and sign the best slot receiver in the game
    Yup, I think your point is a good one. WFT are we doing with a franchise QB and surrounding him with chicken-shot? I think maybe LeBeau has too much pull on draft day.

We got our "6-PACK" - time to work on a CASE!

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    Nope... Manning makes his receivers look good because he throws them open and works them like crazy.

If Manning was here they would look better... but he would still throw.INTs. They all do...
    He works his receivers, but compare the two groups:

- D. Thomas, Welker, Decker and J. Thomas; vs.
    - Brown, Sanders, Cotchery, and Paulson.

He has much better weapons and it isn't close.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    He works his receivers, but compare the two groups:

- D. Thomas, Welker, Decker and J. Thomas; vs.
    - Brown, Sanders, Cotchery, and Paulson.

He has much better weapons and it isn't close.
    no doubt he has better players right now.. but look at the Colts when Pryton went down.. all of a sudden those hot WR's look pathetic.

Funny thing though... a year or 2 or 3 years ago we had the best WR crew in football. BA's last year all we heard was "any other OC would score 30 points with all this talent"

We lose Wallace and all of a sudden we are horrible and have nothing at WR. I'm not buying it.. the same people bashing our WR's were singing their praises not too long ago. I know Wallace helped blow the lid off the D but it's not really that hard to put a big rookie out there and tell him to run straight. We just refuse to do it.

..and Wheaton and Moyer would be on our list if Peyton was our QB. No way would they ride the pine and get limited action. We don't have scrubs at WR.. we have an OC who refuses to use the talent around us properly.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    no doubt he has better players right now.. but look at the Colts when Pryton went down.. all of a sudden those hot WR's look pathetic.

Funny thing though... a year or 2 or 3 years ago we had the best WR crew in football. BA's last year all we heard was "any other OC would score 30 points with all this talent"

We lose Wallace and all of a sudden we are horrible and have nothing at WR. I'm not buying it.. the same people bashing our WR's were singing their praises not too long ago. I know Wallace helped blow the lid off the D but it's not really that hard to put a big rookie out there and tell him to run straight. We just refuse to do it.

..and Wheaton and Moyer would be on our list if Peyton was our QB. No way would they ride the pine and get limited action. We don't have scrubs at WR.. we have an OC who refuses to use the talent around us properly.
    I think it is both a talent and coaching issue.

I also think the impact of losing Wallace was underestimated by many. He took the top off and demanded a double team. Now, teams don't respect Brown or Sanders deep, there is no Heath across the middle, etc.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    I think it is both a talent and coaching issue.

I also think the impact of losing Wallace was underestimated by many. He took the top off and demanded a double team. Now, teams don't respect Brown or Sanders deep, there is no Heath across the middle, etc.
    The loss of Wallace and Heath is huge.. much bigger than I expected but I also thought Haley would have Wheaton going deep instead of Sanders. We should be 4 wide.. 5 wide.. with Jones in the backfield.

I know this wasn't the plan in the offseason but you gotta do what you gotta do when guys go down.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FujiVice View Post

THE cardinal sin. NEVER throw across your body in the middle of the field unless someone is WIDE OPEN.

Why didn't the Football Genius throw it away? He was outside the pocket.
    Actually, NEVER get involved in a land war in Asia and NEVER go against a Sicilian when death is on the line would both come before throwing across your body in the middle of the field.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Slapstick View Post
    Ben's strengths are throwing the ball to the open man...

There were open guys and he missed them...

There are things that work within the offense...the Steelers would have scored in the first against TN if Redman has not fumbled the ball into the EZ...go ahead and blame Haley for that, that's cool...

Haley also made Paulson fumble...

I simply would like to see how the O performs when executed properly...Haley made the changes...he changed the terminology to make Ben and the players happy...he quit putting Beachum out there as another TE and went with more multiple WR formations...

What else should he do?
    Dont use Redman except for pass protection... and don't use Paulson ifor run blocking

I dont think anyone is blaming Haley for fumbles... or for missed open WR's. Thats a good 5 or 6 plays... its the other 85% of the plays that are frustrating most of us.

Legend

User Info Menu

Fact. We don't have a top 2 round draft pick in our WR corps
    how many other team can claim that

the browns?

Is that the team we want to compare to when discussing offensive weapons? A perennial bottom dweller