Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jarvis Jones is a turtle

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Is his splits and agility drills posted? He plays fast on tape. Besides his health, the only concern I had was about his playing strength. He doesn't have the frame to add more bulk and if he does...Does his agility decline.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Terrell Suggs ran about the same time at his pro day....Just sayin'.
    6- Time Super Bowl Champions......
    IX X XIII XIV XL XLIII

2012 MNF Executive Champion

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Good. He's more like to be available at 1.17 now.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

It would be a surprise to me if the Steelers did draft him even if he was there.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    and how is that not being a playmaker?
    It was a big play. But James is an OLB. Their job is to rush the quarterback. LB's like Timmons, who can play the run, and cover within 10 yards of the LOS in the middle and the flats are the future of this league. I think OLB rushers like James and Woodley are going to become afterthoughts because of the rules Goodell wants. Teams are going to ditch the 3-4 scheme and go back to the 4-3. You can add more players in the secondary to cover the spread offenses with multiple receiver sets and try to get pressure from the DL.

Tomlin IMO will install his Tampa Two scheme the minute LeBeau is out the door.

You guys need to understand that Goodell is changing the game. Things that occurred in 2008 will feel like it was 30 years ago by the time he's done.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Big time play by a big time player. Talkin' about JH not Jarvis Jones.
    Last edited by thor75; 03-22-2013 at 01:43 AM.
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Jarvis Jones disappoints at Georgia Pro Day

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 21, 2013

The reviews are in from Georgia’s Pro Day, and while linebacker Jarvis Jones declared himself the best player in the draft afterward, most other observers weren’t so impressed.

NFL Network’s Mike Mayock reported from the Pro Day that Jones ran a 40-yard dash in the 4.9-second range, and that representatives of multiple teams were alarmed that Jones was that slow.

“I think a 4.9 is a red flag,” Mayock said. “I talked to a lot of coaches and scouts and they all said the same thing: ‘Wow. A lot slower than we expected.’”

By way of comparison, Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o was also marked down by several observers as too slow after he ran his 40-yard dash at the Scouting Combine — and Te’o, who finished in 4.82 seconds, was faster than Jones.

A 40 time isn’t everything: As former NFL general manager Charley Casserly noted on NFL Network, Jones’s 40 is comparable to the 40 that Terrell Suggs ran at his Pro Day, a workout that had some people downgrading Suggs but didn’t dissuade the Ravens from spending a Top 10 pick on him — and didn’t stop Suggs from becoming one of the NFL’s best defensive players. But Suggs is also 260 pounds. In the next breath, Casserly said he couldn’t remember any linebackers Jones’s size (245 pounds) who were able to overcome a 4.9-second 40 and still play well in the NFL.

Jones does, of course, have plenty of good game tape to back him up: He wasn’t a two-time All-American for nothing. As Mayock said, the question facing NFL teams now is, “Do you throw out the 4.9 and go back to the tape and trust that he can do what you ask him to do?”

Jones has to hope teams are willing to do just that.

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/21/jarvis-jones-disappoints-at-georgia-pro-day/[/URL]
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

NFL teams turn on the tape. 4.85 is nothing, that's why I think the Jets take him at #9
    1. C.J. Mosley LB Alabama
    2. Jordan Matthews WR Vanderbilt
    3. (comp) Philip Gaines CB Rice
    4. Arthur Lynch TE Georgia
    5. Ross Cockrell CB Duke
    5. (comp) Derrick Hopkins DT Virginia Tech
    6. Josh Mauro DE Stanford
    6. (comp) Shaquil Barrett OLB Colorado State
    7. Quincy Enunwa WR Nebraska

Legend

User Info Menu

Why jones at 17?

didnt we draft worldis in the 2nd a few years ago for when James left?

Just like we did with ziggy (smith) and cam (keisel)

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

After reading up on Jones I don't know if he would fit what the Steelers are looking for in a OLB.

Can he stop the run, and shed blocks? While is sack total is impressive his overall talent as a complete OLB may not be as impressive, I think the Steelers pass.

Remember Huey Richardson?