Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disappointing Loss but Don't Overreact...

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

The titans were 1-4 and on a short week too. They were able to overcome. Just more excuses. The steelers only consistent quality this year is to make crap teams look like sb champions.
    2014 MNF EXEC CHAMPION!!!

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    No excuses... I thought we were winning before the half until I looked at the score. This team is very creative at making bad teams look good.

The other problem is the injuries... how many Titans were injured tonight? Are we drafting soft lineman? WTF...
    We drafted Gilbert. He's taken out two OL's, a RB (IIRC), and now himself. He looks out of shape and at a weight beyond hope of any agility.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GSF15 View Post
    Coach should have went for it on 4th down instead of try a 54 yard field goal. If not go for it, punt. Why was Harrison in pass coverage on the big play to the tight end? Best pass rusher in coverage? I don't get what the D is doing? Many of the starters are out, no time to get cute with the defensive calls.
    What are you in my freaking head? I couldn't agree more. I was literally screaming the exact same things during the game. No way you take that chance putting the Titans at midfield, the way the defense was playing. And to put that kind of faith in Suisham in that spot, is just plain stupid. And that's not hindsight, I was yelling at tv to not try a fg there. This season is headed down the drain fast. The Steelers have become the Bengals, on their way to becoming the Browns if they're not careful.

Rockon

Starter

User Info Menu

This team used to thrive during adversity.

Now it sees we get bogged down in it.

Almost like the mentallity of the whole defense has changed.

Disturbing and dissapointing.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Don't mean to piss on anyone's cornflakes, but apologists and silver-lining peeps need to check themselves. We've climbed the mountain six times and staken our claim on this league as WORLD CHAMPIONS! Anything other than that or at least a competitive hope of that is an unfulfilled season. We've made Carson "I left my ACL with Kimo" Palmer and Matt "Brokeback" Hasselbeck look like SB MVPs. We suck and we need to get young quick.

Backup

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by feltdizz View Post
    No excuses... I thought we were winning before the half until I looked at the score. This team is very creative at making bad teams look good.

The other problem is the injuries... how many Titans were injured tonight? Are we drafting soft lineman? WTF...
    I've been wondering if maybe it's the strength coach. Are these guys strong enough. They always seem to be getting pushed back into each other, contributing to the injuries. On the tuck ruke play where Ben got sandwiched, Starks was driven back into Ben, and Colon was tossed to the ground like a rag doll, and Ben got crushed by those respective defenders. They don't seem to be playing at the same strength level as the rest of the league. It's crazy seeing these guys drop like flies.

Rockon

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPY GOUK View Post
    Don't mean to piss on anyone's cornflakes, but apologists and silver-lining peeps need to check themselves. We've climbed the mountain six times and staken our claim on this league as WORLD CHAMPIONS! Anything other than that or at least a competitive hope of that is an unfulfilled season. We've made Carson "I left my ACL with Kimo" Palmer and Matt "Brokeback" Hasselbeck look like SB MVPs. We suck and we need to get young quick.
    Agreed! And I think we are looking at a pick in the next draft from anywhere from 10-15 this year.
    Steelers 2015 Draft???....Go Freak! As in....

1-Bernardrick McKinney MLB Mississippi State 6 ft 5 250 4.5 40 yard dash

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

The OL and secondary are a complete mess. The offense might improve this year if the line gets somewhat stabilized, but this season is going nowhere. I agree that it was a bad decision by Tomlin to kick that 54-yarder. Out of Suisham's range and if you miss? Well, we saw what happens if you do. Ben missed a couple of key throws too, even though he was under duress when he let go of the ball. Plenty of blame to go around in this game.

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by GRUMPY GOUK View Post
    Dude you just pissed in my cornflakes...that's just mean. Kidding aside, I never said there weren't problems (I specifically mentioned the O-Line & the D) - I just said there factors that contributed to the loss & it was not as bad as the Oakland loss. I agree - we've become one dimensional & the defense seems unable to stop anyone, but if Lewis catches that INT the game is over & everyone's talking about how much the team overcame. It isn't being an apologist or silver-lining peep, it's just keeping things in perspective.
    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust & sweat & blood...

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DukieBoy View Post
    We drafted Gilbert. He's taken out two OL's, a RB (IIRC), and now himself. He looks out of shape and at a weight beyond hope of any agility.
    Yeah, a one-man army. He's taken out our brand new OLman, our best OLman, and our best RB. He's singlehandedly done more to wreck our game than anyone else including the opposition. Which dunce keeps him on the field?

I suspect he's on the Rats' payroll.