Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Vince Williams

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Not to be smart, but why did he last until Round 6 then? Living in Florida I get to see lots of FSU games and never really said "Wow" who is Williams.
    Vince Williams is a two-down LB, even at FSU they took him out on passing downs because he is a liability in coverage.
    Steel Maniac's Time-Based Prediction: Lamar Jackson will be a bust and total flop in the NFL.

What Actually Happened: Lamar Jackson became the youngest two-time NFL MVP winner ever.

Gloat gloat gloat

Boom........

Hahahahahahaha

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiiansteel View Post
    Vince Williams is a two-down LB, even at FSU they took him out on passing downs because he is a liability in coverage.
    Thats ok. The NFL still uses 2 down players at the ILB position in a 3-4.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Oviedo View Post
    Not to be smart, but why did he last until Round 6 then? Living in Florida I get to see lots of FSU games and never really said "Wow" who is Williams.
    Not to be smart but why would you say "Wow, who is Williams" when you obviously already know who he is?
    Tomlin: Let's unleash hell and "mop the floor" with the competition.

Backup

User Info Menu

Can he covers receivers? Keith Butler says camps will show.

[URL="http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/5/2/4292754/steelers-linebacker-depth-chart-nfl-draft-vince-williams"]http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/5/2/4292754/steelers-linebacker-depth-chart-nfl-draft-vince-williams[/URL]
    Steeler Nation in Spain

Legend

User Info Menu

Story says he was taken out and replaced with a DB, not another LB... in other words, it could have been "scheme" that caused them to take him out, not his coverage ability. We'll find out in camp...

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by steelz09 View Post
    Not to be smart but why would you say "Wow, who is Williams" when you obviously already know who he is?
    Not so fast Sparky. I know his name but I DO NOT know who he is.

Do any of us really know who anybody is? Deep thoughts!!!!
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Pro Bowler

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelerOfDeVille View Post
    Story says he was taken out and replaced with a DB, not another LB... in other words, it could have been "scheme" that caused them to take him out, not his coverage ability. We'll find out in camp...
    For a ILB some of the bigger splash plays come on 3rd down. So not being out there limits the WOW factor for a ILB. If he is as good as Foote has been it is a win in my mind. Would like him and Spence switching out as needed. Still praying and hope that young man came come back. Would also like to see the shark play with Troy also. Either 1 of them as a 3rd down "ILB"(3rd safety), like Flippy has said. Get the play makers on the field.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

We aren't going to pull Timmons on 3rd down so what does it matter if he's a 3 down player. We need a young kid who can step in and play at the point of attack. We NEED ILB's that complement each other, not ones that are identical.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    We aren't going to pull Timmons on 3rd down so what does it matter if he's a 3 down player. We need a young kid who can step in and play at the point of attack. We NEED ILB's that complement each other, not ones that are identical.
    Yeah, if he is solid against the run, he would be fine next to Timmons. As BigRob said, there is plenty of room for a 2 down linebacker.

And especially with McClendon being more of a pass rush threat than Hampton ever was, the Steelers could occassionally use a 3-3 nickel package and replace a linebacker instead of replacing the NT.

For where he was selected, just making the team is an accomplishment, and as a rookie, he would primarily play special teams. If he can hit, like Butler said, he should be a nice fit there.

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by birtikidis View Post
    that was my take all offseason - needed a run stuffer... which is why i really like this draft selection... whether the kids pan out remains to be seen, but, IMO, they nailed their needs