Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: belichek crying about welker

Legend

User Info Menu

belichek crying about welker

i love it.
    you gave a big F you to wes when you made that pathetic offer last off season so he took his skills to denver. welker then proceeds to shove it up your ass by accidentally taking out one of your guys enroute to the superbowl.
    bill calls it a deliberate attempt to injury..................F you cheater.
    not one analyst giving it any credibility................lol
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    i love it.
    you gave a big F you to wes when you made that pathetic offer last off season so he took his skills to denver. welker then proceeds to shove it up your ass by accidentally taking out one of your guys enroute to the superbowl.
    bill calls it a deliberate attempt to injury..................F you cheater.
    not one analyst giving it any credibility................lol
    Any links to this? I like to read more. There seems to be some bad blood between Welker and Belichick that lead to his departure - more than just money. I'd like to know more about what it is.

Legend

User Info Menu

Here is a link:

[url]http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2014/01/bill_belichick_rips_wes_welker_for_hit_that_ended_ aqib_talibs[/url]

I watched the play, a link is below. A case can be made for offensive pass interference, but it didn't look like a dirty hit.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZQU8nrtyL4[/url]

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phillyesq View Post
    Here is a link:

[URL]http://bostonherald.com/sports/patriots_nfl/the_blitz/2014/01/bill_belichick_rips_wes_welker_for_hit_that_ended_ aqib_talibs[/URL]

I watched the play, a link is below. A case can be made for offensive pass interference, but it didn't look like a dirty hit.

[URL]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZQU8nrtyL4[/URL]
    Other than picking him before the ball got to the WR, it looked like a harmless hit to me.

Legend

User Info Menu

The problem is Belichek believes all the BS the analysts pile on him and has a sense of entitlement. He probably sees the end of an era coming at him
    "My team, may they always be right, but right or wrong...MY TEAM!"

Legend

User Info Menu

[URL]http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/20/belichick-tees-off-on-welker-for-hitting-talib/[/URL]

Belichick tees off on Welker for hitting Talib
    Posted by Mike Florio on January 20, 2014, 9:12 AM EST
    Bill Belichick AP

In the first half of New England’s loss at Denver, Broncos receiver Wes Welker flattened Patriots cornerback Aqib Talib on an apparent pick play, knocking New England’s best defensive back out of the game.

Welker claimed that he didn’t intend to hit Talib. Patriots coach Bill Belichick feels otherwise. Strongly.

“It is a deliberate play by the receiver to take out Aqib,” Belichick told reporters Monday morning. “No attempt to get open. And I’ll let the league handle the discipline on that play. It’s not for me to decide, but it’s one of the worst plays I’ve seen. And that’s all I’m going to say about that.”

He said plenty. Belichick essentially accused his former star slot wideout of being dirty — of intentionally and deliberately delivering an illegal hit that caused injury. It was so bad and so blatant in Belichick’s view that he expects discipline will be imposed by the league office.

Some will say it’s sour grapes from a coach who would have loved to have Welker this season. Others will say Belichick was merely calling it like he sees it.

Either way, it’s surely not the last that will be said about the play, or about Belichick’s reaction to it.
    LMMFAO! I love this. Did yinz see Brady run off the field after the game without shaking any hands? Last night was the highlight of this whole dismal season. F U Cheaters.
    ​2019 MNFE CHAMPION

Legend

User Info Menu

do you think that play was dirtier than stealing plays, bill?
    steelers = 3 ring circus with tomlin being the head clown

Legend

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by squidkid View Post
    do you think that play was dirtier than stealing plays, bill?
    I hate a sore loser as much as the next guy, but I don't think stealing plays was such a bad thing. I'm sure everyone tries to do it to some degree. The Pats just took it a little further than everyone else thought to try.

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

I can understand why Bill would see it that way. He's right in this sense, the league will do what they do as far as discipline goes. We've seen some crazy things this year and a lot of inconsistency both in officiating and discipline (fines).

Hall of Famer

User Info Menu

bill will get whatever he wants out of this because the pats obviously have goodell in their pocket or some unmentionable photos of roger.